Star Trek

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

Re: Star Trek

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu May 24, '12, 3:51 pm

Well, they finally beamed Scotty up thanks to a new space flight:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47514404/ns ... nce-space/

For some odd reason I feel like saying "Live Long and Prosper!". :silly:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Sep 12, '12, 2:56 am

Not sure if anyone else saw it the other day, but Google had their page decorated up in honor of the 46th anniversary of the original "Star Trek" tv show. It was really neat with things you could click on, etc.:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nati ... 0407.story

Lots of fun, and even though it took them a good while in planning to do this...it was absolutely worth the wait, in the humble opinion of this "Star Trek" fan. Thanks Google!!! :clap:

If anyone else saw Google's page that day, what did you think of it???

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
Silver_Surfer1

Postby jessie » Wed Sep 12, '12, 11:47 am

I loved it. The red shirts beaming down with Kirk was funny!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 39

Postby Thoul » Fri Sep 14, '12, 2:22 am

Yeah, that was pretty good. I was a little surprised that the red shirt made it back to the ship! It must have been Scotty, :lol:

Say, did anyone hear about the new series pilot that some of the Trek actors are trying to put together? Here's a trailer for it.

What do you think, could that premise make for a good Trek series?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jan 10, '13, 5:32 am

Found a nice story regarding the next movie "Star Trek: Into Darkness" and how they helped to make a wish come true:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 43743.html

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Feb 4, '13, 3:07 am

Looks like an interesting pilot up above. :yes:

I read something today about the new Star Trek movie possibly being released two days earlier than previously thought or something. Not sure right now exactly when that will be. Will look into this further and post here if I find anything on it.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Mon Feb 4, '13, 11:45 am

Abaout the release date, isn't it something strange ? Generally, movies are often late and the realease is postponed but here, if it's in the other way...and two days ! Generally (again !!) is't the a special day for new movies release in the US ? (on fridays ? Here in France it's always on wednesdays).
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Apr 8, '13, 4:28 pm

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:Well, they finally beamed Scotty up thanks to a new space flight:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47514404/ns ... nce-space/

For some odd reason I feel like saying "Live Long and Prosper!". :silly:

While I was browsing around online the other day, I found another story about Gene Roddenberry and his wife (who played various roles in several "Star Trek" shows), having their ashes also "sent into space":

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/peo ... pace_N.htm

You know, I can really see and understand why they both might like this and probably made plans for it to happen. Space was a huge part of their lives.
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Mon Apr 8, '13, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Apr 8, '13, 4:31 pm

And, another quick tidbit regarding "Star Trek". It seems a "Star Trek" phaser rifle used in the original TV Series brought over $230,000.00 at a recent auction:

http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/star-tr ... =ansnews11

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Snorb » Mon Apr 8, '13, 8:04 pm

Quick bit about Star Trek: The Video Game- it's a third-person shooter set after the 2009 movie, you get to be Kirk (better variety of weapons) or Spock (more agile, from what I understand from the previews I saw), you get to fight the Gorn (the lizardman from The Original Series), and the Alternate Universe Constitution-class still looks awesome.

William Shatner did a trailer for the game where he reenacts the infamous Kirk vs. Gorn fight from 1967's Arena. It is hilarious, and you can tell this trailer was for the fans.

...I stopped playing Star Trek Online three years ago. Right after I stopped, they added the Excelsior and NX-class starships (and made the NX a crappy Lieutenant ship), along with the uniforms from Star Trek: Enterprise (called the Starfleet 22nd Century Uniform) and The Wrath of Khan (referred to in-game as the STII Uniform). No Star Trek '09 stuff yet (no Alternate Universe 2260s uniform, no Alternate Universe Constitution-class, no Armstrong-class, no Mayflower-class, no Newton-class...)
Last edited by Snorb on Mon Apr 8, '13, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

PreviousNext

Return to Screen Scene