Star Trek

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

Re: Star Trek

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Aug 11, '18, 4:24 pm

Looks like there may possibly be some contract negotiation troubles with some of the stars (Chris Pine, Chris Hemsworth) of a possible future "Star Trek" movie. It sounds like, in my opinion, that it may all boil down to money.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/c ... li=BBnb7Kz

C'mon give these actors what they want as these two are worth it and may help carry the whole movie!

Interesting point about whether or not "Star Trek" may be in the same league as the Marvel Superhero movies and other movies. I think "Star Trek" has been around a very long time in various versions and has amassed a lot of fans and continues to do so with a new generation in it's own unique way. The fact that it has been going, in one form or another, for so long speaks to it's popularity.

It may also be interesting to see how a "Star Trek" movie may do with a woman director.
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Sat Aug 11, '18, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Mon Aug 13, '18, 12:05 pm

Very strange ! :(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Aug 15, '18, 12:46 am

Discovery has found their new Spock in actor Ethan Peck:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/ ... 986461002/

How does everyone think Ethan will do in the very important role of Spock?

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Sat Aug 25, '18, 2:34 pm

Nice news ! :clap:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Oct 10, '18, 11:54 pm

Another original "Star Trek" actress has passed away.

Actress Celeste Yarnall, who played the role of Yeoman Martha Landon in "The Apple" episode, has died at age 74.

Condolences to her family. :tombstone: :rose:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... rek-885728

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Sat Oct 20, '18, 11:57 am

So sad news ! :(
Condolences to her family. :tombstone:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Nov 15, '18, 11:32 pm

Season One of "Star Trek: Discovery" is now out on DVD. We just bought our copy today at Walmart. It was around $30.00.

I am really looking forward to seeing this as I was unable to watch it on television because we could not get the network channel it was on. Always nice to add to our "Star Trek" collection also.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Feb 19, '19, 2:01 am

William Shatner (aka Captain Kirk from the original "Star Trek" made his debut appearance at The Grand Ole Opry this past weekend singing some songs from his new album:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/s ... opry-debut

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Feb 27, '19, 1:32 am

The "Star Trek" family recently lost another member when actor Morgan Woodward passed away at age 93. :cry: He was in many western television shows, and other types of tv shows and movies, but he was also in the original "Star Trek" in two episodes. In one episode, "Daggar Of The Mind", he played the role of Dr. Simon Van Gelder. In another episode, "The Omega Glory", he played the role of Captain Ronald Tracey. He was a great actor and will be missed. He had a very remarkable and memorable voice as well.

Condolences to his family. :tombstone: :rose:

http://www.startrek.com/news/rememberin ... n-woodward

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/star-trek ... dead-at-93

http://www.morganwoodward.com/

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Snorb » Thu Feb 28, '19, 4:06 pm

Star Trek: Discovery has been renewed for a third season. (And its newest episode, "Light and Shadows," airs tonight... if you have CBS All Access.)

Anyway, there have been other Trek series announced that I don't think made the thread.

Star Trek: Lower Decks is an animated comedy series about "the most unimportant crew on Starfleet's least prestigious vessel," created by the creator of Rick and Morty. I only know that show from the Szechuan Sauce Incident of 2017 and the extremely profane "State of Georgia vs. Denver Fenton Allen" video, so I can't really make a judgement.

An unnamed show centered on Picard starts filming this year; Patrick Stewart reprises his role as Jean-Luc Picard, twenty years after the events of Star Trek: Nemesis. He's no longer in Starfleet, and moving on to the next chapter of his life. (As an aside, Picard was 74 when he was running around killing Remans at the end of Nemesis, so he'd be in his mid-nineties on this show. Fortunately, the Star Trek universe is a universe where humans live to be around 120 years old.)

An unnamed show starring Michelle Yeoh, reprising her role as Mirror Universe Phillipa Georgiou. As an agent of Section 31, Starfleet's black ops group that is pretty much every single underhanded stereotype of the CIA, she and her fellow agents do the extremely underhanded and morally reprehensible things spies do so the people of the Federation can enjoy their happy, want-for-nothing society. (Section 31 was first introduced on Deep Space Nine, and that's pretty much how it was described then. Starfleet captains can run missions for Section 31 in Star Trek Online, one of which, when failed, leads to the hilarious "Sometimes I wish the Federation still used money, because after that failure, I would dock your pay.")
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

PreviousNext

Return to Screen Scene