Star Trek

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

Re: Star Trek

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Aug 20, '15, 7:42 pm

Snorb wrote:Why don't I remember her being Barbara Gordon/Batgirl?

(Oh yeah, because I didn't watch the 60s Batman when I was a kid...)

There are a number of TV stations around today that still carry the "Batman" show of the 1960's in reruns. Most notable channel I can think of offhand is MeTV channel. They have "Batman" on Saturday evenings. Also the entire "Batman" TV series is on DVD now, which is how we watch a lot of it.

Also, thanks for letting us know if the Star Trek site you visit has a tribute of any kind to Ms. Craig. That would be cool!
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Snorb » Fri Aug 21, '15, 5:29 pm

So I just went back to Earth Spacedock in STO (by the way, Warp 6.68 is just TOO SLOOWWWWWWWW) and double-checked the To Absent Friends memorial. Yvonne Craig isn't on it, but I did promise that I'd transcribe what was on it. So...

(I'm giving a text transcription instead of screenshots because the screenshot key in Steam is the same key as the "rearrange HUD" key in STO, and I got a whole bunch of screenshots of THAT instead. >_< My comments are in italics.)

James Doohan (1920-2005) Lt. Cmdr Montgomery Scott, Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Animated Series
"I really didn't have to work, shall we say, with Star Trek. It was a natural. When I opened my mouth, there was Scotty."

DeForest Kelley (1920-1999) Lt. Cmdr Leonard McCoy, Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Animated Series
"I wanted to be a doctor and couldn't -- yet became the best known doctor in the galaxy."

Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015) Cmdr. Spock, Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Animated Series, Star Trek 2009, Star Trek: Into Darkness
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP."

Majel Barrett Roddenberry (1932-2008) Number One, Star Trek: The Cage; Nurse Christine Chapel, Star Trek: The Original Series; Lwaxana Troi, Star Trek: The Next Generation; Starfleet Computer, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Star Trek 2009
"Man must be in space -- that is what we're destined for. There is nothing else we can do."

Gene Roddenberry (1921-1991) Creator, Star Trek; Captain Robert April, Star Trek: The Original Series (publicity shot only)
"It isn't all over; everything has not been invented: the human adventure is just beginning."

Anton Yelchin (1989-2016) Ensign Pavel Chekov, Star Trek, Star Trek: The Video Game, Star Trek: Into Darkness, Star Trek: Beyond
"That’s how I see the human condition, is that we have these profound things happen that just don’t last, but we have them forever in an inanimate form."

Corey Allen (Director, 1934-2010)
Michael Ansara (Actor, 1922-2013) Kang, Day of the Dove (TOS), Blood Oath (DS9), Flashback (VOY)
Harve Bennett (Producer, 1930-2015) Cameoed as Admiral Robert Bennett in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.
Peter E. Berger (Editor, 1944-2011)
Alan Bernard (Sound Mixer, -2011)
Bibi Besch (Actress, 1940-1996) Doctor Carol Marcus, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Theodore Bikel (Actor, 1924-2015) Sergey Rozhenkho, Family (TNG)
Cliff Bole (Director, 1937-2014)
Merritt Butrick (Actor, 1959-1989) David Marcus, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek III: The Search For Spock
William Campbell (Actor, 1923-2011) Trelane, The Squire of Gothos (TOS), Star Trek: Judgment Rites
George Coe (Actor, 1929-2015) Chancellor Avel Durkin, First Contact (TNG)
John Colicos (Actor, 1928-2000) Kor, Errand of Mercy (TOS), Blood Oath (DS9), The Sword of Kahless (DS9), Once More Unto the Breach (DS9)
Charles Darwin Cooper (Actor, 1926-2013) Koord, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier; K'mpec, Sins of the Father (TNG), Reunion (TNG)
Ward Costello (Actor, 1919-2009) Admiral Gregory Quinn, Coming of Age (TNG), Conspiracy (TNG)
Alexander Courage (Composer, 1919-2008) Composed the Star Trek theme.
Richard C. Datin, Jr. (Model Maker, 1929-2011)
Ellen Albertini (Actress, 1913-2015) Felisa Howard, Sub Rosa (TNG)
Robert Ellenstein (Actor, 1923-2010) Federation President Hiram Roth, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home; Steven Miller, Haven (TNG)
Gerald Finnerman (Director of Photography, 1931-2011)
Fred Freiberger (Producer, 1915-2003)
Robert Gary (Script Supervisor, 1920-2010)
Jerry Goldsmith (Composer, 1929-2004) Composed the Star Trek: The Next Generation theme.
James Horner (Composer, 1953-2015) Composed the Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan theme and score.
Marty Hornstein (Production Manager, 1937-2013)
John Hoyt (Actor, 1905-1991) Doctor Phillip Boyce, The Cage (TOS)
Jeffrey Hunter (Actor, 1926-1991) Captain Christopher Pike, The Cage (TOS)
Maurice Hurley (Producer, Writer, 1939-2015)
Barrie Ingham (Actor, 1932-2015) Danilo Odell, Up The Long Ladder (TNG)
Matt Jefferies (Art Director, 1921-2003) Designer of the Constitution-class Enterprise from The Original Series.
Robert Justman (Producer, 1926-2008)
Andreas Katsulas (Actor, 1946-2008) Commander Tomalak, Star Trek: The Next Generation
Persis Khambatta (Actress, 1948-1998) Lieutenant Ilia, Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Winrich Kolbe (Director, 1940-2012)
Mark Lenard (Actor, 1924-2008) Sarek, Star Trek: The Original Series, The Next Generation
Joe Leego (Prop Master, 1940-2014)
Arlene Martel (Actress, 1936-2014) T'Pring, Amok Time (TOS)
Rusty McClennon (Stunt Performer, 1961-2015)
Ricardo Montalban (Actor, 1920-2009) Khan Noonien Singh, Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
William Newman (Actor, 1934-2015) Kalin Trose, The Host (TNG)
Michael Pataki (Actor, 1938-2010) Korax, The Trouble With Tribbles (TOS); Karnas, Too Short a Season (TNG)
Donald Peterman (Cinematographer, 1932-2011)
Brock Peters (Actor, 2927-2005) Admiral Lance Cartwright, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country; Joseph Sisko, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Joseph Pevney (Director, 1911-2008)
Michael Piller (Producer, Writer, 1948-2005)
Olaf Pooley (Actor, 1924-2013) The Cleric, Blink of an Eye (VOY)
Joseph Ruskin (Actor, 1924-2013) Galt, The Gamesters of Triskelion (TOS); Tumek, The House of Quark (DS9), Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places (DS9); Cardassian informant, Improbable Cause (DS9); Son'a bridge officer, Star Trek: Insurrection; Vulcan master, Gravity (VOY); and Suliban doctor, Broken Bow (ENT)
Frederick Steiner (Composer, 1923-2011)
William Ware Theiss (Costume Designer, 1931-1992) Designed the Starfleet uniforms for The Original Series and The Next Generation.
Malachi Throne (Actor, 1928-2013) The Keeper, The Cage (TOS); Commodore Jose Melendez, The Menagerie, Parts I and II (TOS); Pardek, Unification, Parts I and II (TNG)
Kellie Waymire (Actress, 1967-2003) Lanya, Muse (VOY); Crewman Elizabeth Cutler, Strange New World (ENT), Dear Doctor (ENT), Two Days and Two Nights (ENT), Raijin (ENT)
Grace Lee Whitney (Actress, 1930-2015) Yeoman, later Commander, Janice Rand, Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Flashback (VOY)
Robert Wiemer (Director, 1938-2014)
William Windom (Actor, 1923-2012) Commodore Matthew Decker, The Doomsday Machine (TOS)
William H. Wistrom (Sound Editor, 1935-2010)
Venita Wolf (Actress, 1944-2014) Yeoman Teresa Ross, The Squire of Gothos (TOS)
Last edited by Snorb on Wed Jun 22, '16, 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Sep 9, '15, 2:01 am

Thanks for that list Snorb! Almost a walk down memory lane reading some of those names and the characters they played. Sad to have lost them but their work will live on forever in the "Star Trek" fold.

Too bad that Yvonne Craig's name wasn't on there but maybe it is just too soon since her death and perhaps they will add it later. Let's hope so. Also another name I didn't see mentioned was actress Susan Oliver. If I am not mistaken she was Capt. Pike's love interest in "The Cage" episode. I think she passed a few years ago. Great actress!

And, hip, hip hooray for "Star Trek" the television series that celebrates an anniversary today as it first appeared on our TV screens on September 8, 1966. And, the "Star Trek" story just keeps on going, and going, and going.......!

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Snorb » Wed Sep 9, '15, 5:20 am

To be fair, I might have genuinely missed Susan Oliver; I was transcribing four or five screenshots and the Rearrange HUD menu was overlaid on all of them. It was hard to pick out some of the names as it was. =p
Read my social stuff!

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Postby R-90-2 » Wed Sep 23, '15, 12:04 am

So, apparently some folks are working on recreating the entirety of the USS Enterprise-D in first-person explorable form in the Unreal 4 engine, based on official blueprint books. Not much but pre-alpha footage, but they've certainly nailed the look, at least.

http://www.enterprise3dproject.com/
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Sep 29, '15, 3:53 am

Read online somewhere that today was the 28th Anniversary of "Star Trek: The Next Generation tv series. Hard to believe it's been around that long. One of the best "Star Trek" spin-offs ever, if not the best! Terrific cast and always a good story!

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Snorb » Tue Sep 29, '15, 7:52 pm

Star Trek TNG was beautiful, provided you didn't watch the first season. (And I'll admit, even the first season had some good episodes, and that episode where Picard and Riker phaser a guy so much that his head and torso explode in a burst of really lousy practical effects that somehow manages to look almost as bad on the Blu-Ray version, but then again, people hate the first two TNG seasons and I actually like season two, so w/e.)

But yeah, TNG had some really good episodes when they finally got a handle on the characters and just how much Starfleet and the galaxy changed since Kirk's (and Archer's) days.
Read my social stuff!

Play my games!

Snorb

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 20, '15, 11:49 pm

Condolences once again as the "Star Trek" group has lost another member of the original series gang. Actor Bruce Hyde played the role of Lt. Kevin O'Riley in the original "Star Trek" tv series for a few episodes. He was 74 years young when he passed away this week. Who can forget his classic episodes and his singing rendition of "I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen"? Even Captain Kirk got enough of hearing that one, lol. Unforgettable episode!! Condolences to his family. He will be missed and remembered!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/bruce- ... cid=AARDHP

:tombstone: :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Snorb » Wed Oct 21, '15, 5:17 am

You know, I don't think I've ever seen that episode ("The Naked Time.")

...Ugh. I just realized I need to go to the Hallmark store one fine day and get this year's Star Trek ornament for my wreath. (It's the Ambassador-class USS Enterprise NCC-1701-C, from TNG's third season episode "Yesterday's Enterprise." You also get to fly it FOR ONE GLORIOUS MISSION in Star Trek Online.)

(Also, next year's Star Trek ornament is a gold-plated Constitution-class Enterprise because that's the 50th anniversary ornament!)
Read my social stuff!

Play my games!

Snorb

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Oct 22, '15, 5:57 am

Snorb wrote:
...Ugh. I just realized I need to go to the Hallmark store one fine day and get this year's Star Trek ornament for my wreath. (It's the Ambassador-class USS Enterprise NCC-1701-C, from TNG's third season episode "Yesterday's Enterprise." You also get to fly it FOR ONE GLORIOUS MISSION in Star Trek Online.)

(Also, next year's Star Trek ornament is a gold-plated Constitution-class Enterprise because that's the 50th anniversary ornament!)

Oh, next year's Hallmark ornament sounds fantastic! Thanks for the tip. We will have to try and get one of those also. I'll bet they go fast in the stores. We have a few of the early "Star Trek" Hallmark ornaments (except for the first enterprise as we started buying them after that year). We are behind though as we haven't gotten any "Star Trek" ornaments for the past few years. They are so cool though.

Silver_Surfer1

PreviousNext

Return to Screen Scene