Star Trek

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

Re: Star Trek

Postby myau56 » Wed Jan 1, '20, 11:55 am

Yes, it was very good that some names have been added ! :clap:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Snorb » Tue Jan 7, '20, 4:22 am

The monument was actually renamed from "To Absent Friends" to "Sic Itur Ad Astra;" depending on how you translate your Latin, that means "Thus, one goes to the stars," "Such is the path to the stars," or "Such is the way to immortality."

If you are on Earth Spacedock, the Federation version of Sic Itur Ad Astra is blue and has a Federation emblem on top. Klingon players on Qo'noS can find a red version in the First City social hub, and Romulan Republic players can find a green version on New Romulus. Qo'noS and New Romulus have their faction-specific emblems atop the memorial.

(23rd Century Earth Spacedock doesn't even have the memorial, and the version on Deep Space Nine uses the Federation-specific memorial as opposed to a purple-colored Dominion variant.)

I need to reinstall the game so I can screenshot this (and prepare for STO's 10th anniversary events.)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Snorb » Thu Jan 23, '20, 5:25 am

If you have CBS All Access (or Amazon Prime outside of the US) then you're in luck! Star Trek: Picard begins tomorrow!

And Patrick Stewart once again proves himself to be a class act; while promoting the show on ABC's The View, he invited Whoopi Goldberg to appear in Season 2, reprising her role as Guinan.

She said yes, and later added that some of the best time in her career was on Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Read my social stuff!

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jan 24, '20, 1:58 am

Oh, I wish we could see this new show "Pickard" but we don't have CBS Access. I just know it is going to be a terrific show. Glad to hear that Whoopi will be reprising her "Star Trek" character again. I have heard that several of the actors from the former show will be making appearances at sometime or other. This will surely help the new show to do even better, I think.

Thanks for the updates Snorb!! If you get to see the first episode, let us know what you think of it.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jan 25, '20, 2:46 am

Has anyone seen the new logo for the new branch of the USA military called the Space Force? The new logo looks a lot like the "Star Trek" logo. Even actor George Takei (Sulu, "Star Trek") has commented about the new logo.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... force-logo

https://theweek.com/speedreads/891643/t ... -star-trek

The new logo also looks a lot like the Air Force Space Command logo which has been used in various ways since 1942.

https://www.afspc.af.mil/art/igphoto/2002072049/

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jan 30, '20, 12:33 am

Remembering actress Marj Dusay who has died at age 81. :tombstone: :rose:

She was in an episode of the original "Star Trek" in September 1968 (the 3rd season) called "Spock's Brain" where she played an alien with the name of Kara who stole Mr. Spocks' brain.

She also acted in several Soap Operas and many other tv roles and movies, etc. I knew her best from her roles in the Soap "Days Of Our Lives" and "All My Children".

Condolences to her family. :rose:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ix_yYsBCC8

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Snorb » Thu Jan 30, '20, 6:17 pm

Moral lesson, courtesy of Star Trek: Picard.

PICARD: (publicly badmouths his previous employer in front of the entire planet)

PICARD: (begs previous employer for his job back)

ADMIRAL CLANCY: (uses one of the Seven Words You Can't Say on Star Trek, does not give Picard his job back)

PICARD: (surprised Pikachu face)
Read my social stuff!

Play my games!

Snorb

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Feb 8, '20, 10:54 pm

I recently read of two more actors who died and were somehow related to "Star Trek".

First, actor Kevin Conway has passed away at age 77. He was in an episode of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" where he played the role of a clone of Kahless The Unforgettable. He also played in several episodes of the tv show "The Good Wife" and many other tv roles, etc.

Condolences to his family. :tombstone: :rose:

https://comicbook.com/irl/2020/02/07/ke ... vMpfNqMBYI

https://deadline.com/2020/02/kevin-conw ... 202854335/

Second, was actor Robert Sampson who died at age 86. He was in many tv and movies and played the role of "Sar 6" in "Star Trek" the original series in the episode "A Taste Of Armageddon".

https://thelifeandtimesofhollywood.com/ ... ElHbpBc3J0

Condolences to his family. :tombstone: :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Tue Feb 11, '20, 11:38 am

Condolences to the two families...:rose: :tombstone:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Feb 26, '20, 1:23 am

Some interesting pics and info on "Star Trek: Pickard" as well as some other possible new "Star Trek" related tv shows and a new "Star Trek" movie:

https://trekmovie.com/2020/02/24/star-t ... AMmnx6ygnQ

Silver_Surfer1

PreviousNext

Return to Screen Scene