St. Patrick's Day Foods - green stuff

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Best St. Patrick's Day Foods?

Green Cabbage
No votes
Green Lettuce
No votes
Green Beer
10%
Irish Coffee
10%
Green Cupcakes
40%
Corned Beef & Cabbage
20%
Potato Soup
No votes
Irish Lamb Stew
No votes
Shepherd's Pie
No votes
Other - tell in post below
20%

Total votes : 10

St. Patrick's Day Foods - green stuff

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Mar 5, '08, 7:59 pm

Well, it's almost time for St. Patrick's Day (March 17) in a week or so, and once again, all the world (or some of it) will be eating and drinking all kinds of foods that are green in color in celebration of the day. What's your favorite / non favorite foods for St. Patrick's Day? What do you like best? What can you live without, lol?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Wed Mar 5, '08, 11:10 pm

I don't celebrate this day as a holiday. I mean, there's the little joke about wearing green that we did when I was a kid but honestly, I wouldn't even do anything with that these days. You never know how someone will take it. But to get back on topic, I don't eat anything special. To me, it's just another day.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Mar 6, '08, 5:24 am

I don't mind much. We're all irish round here, so we all still celebrate it. My parents want us to drink every time. Irish coffee in the morning, worse drinks at night XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Mar 6, '08, 2:58 pm

Well, I'm Italian, so St. Patrick's day...never cared about it much.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Mar 6, '08, 6:43 pm

Well, I like to think of myself as having a little Irish in there somewhere, and genealogically I probably do.

I think it's fun to wear some kind of green on St. Paddy's day - a green shirt, a four leaf clover, or something, just for the fun and heck of it, if nothing else. I mean, I'd buy a lottery ticket to hope to win some good luck so why not wear a bit of green for good luck on a special day. Makes sense to me. :wink:

As for the foods, somehow or other I seem to be craving cabbage now. I've been sick and just getting over a horrible cold and all I seem to want are fish and vegetables to eat - tomatoes and cabbage, etc. So, i voted for the corned beef and cabbage - sounds good to me. :mrgreen:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Tsunami » Sat Mar 8, '08, 12:05 am

Green beer....just sounds weird. :o Imagine people eating all that green food, then grin at you, showing a mouthful of green teeth! :mrgreen:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Rudo » Tue Mar 11, '08, 5:15 am

Cupcakes, I don't care if they are green. Yum! :D
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Mar 17, '09, 9:48 pm

Bumping this thread up since it is once again " St. Patrick's Day " and time to eat / drink these holiday related foods of Green Beer, Corned Beef & Cabbage, etc., etc., etc.

What is everyone having for breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks on this St. Patrick's Day???????? Anything Irish?

So far today, I've had toast and strawberries for breakfast. Roasted a few marshmallows. Had a strawberry cupcake. Nothing green in there yet. :rofl: Oh wait, the strawberries had green leaves, but I didn't eat the leaf part. :wink:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby LordShibas » Tue Mar 17, '09, 11:16 pm

I never really new it had anything to do with St. Patty's day, but corned beef and cabbage sounds the best out of the options.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Re: St. Patrick's Day Foods - green stuff

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Mar 18, '12, 1:28 am

Well, as it was St. Paddy's day today, I had to have some corned beef and some cabbage. :wink: Also made some 4-leaf clover cookies with green sugar sprinkles on them. They are pretty good...I'm eating one of those cookies right now, lol. :lol:

No green beer, however, as I don't drink beer.

Did anyone else feast on St. Paddy's day foods today in honor of the special day??

Silver_Surfer1

Next

Return to Delectable Delicacies