A Memory as a Photograph

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

A Memory as a Photograph

Postby Thoul » Sat Feb 23, '08, 12:29 am

If you could photograph or paint any memory that you have in your mind and display that in your home, what would it be? Your child's first step, the best moment you had with someone close to you who has passed away, a major achievement in your life, or something else altogether?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby hugues » Sat Feb 23, '08, 2:35 am

I was four when my sister was born. I'd love to have a photograph of the first time we met, although if it was taken from my memory it might be a little fuzzy now.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Feb 23, '08, 3:38 am

I think I'd save mine, until I experience something that would be the best picture of my life.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Reno » Sat Feb 23, '08, 6:18 am

Hmmm... Difficult question to answer... I think I'll have to go with Sparky on this one, (no, we're not just taking the easy way out! :p ) as I'm also quite young and my life experiences are too limited for me to select one as my best moment. If I had to pick the nicest feeling I've ever had, (as of the age 16) it would have to be in multiple dreams o' mine; alas, don't ask me to elaborate, as it's extremely difficult to describe and I simply don't feel like attempting/failing to do it right now...

(To Silver, should he read this: It's okay that I said, "I don't feel like going into it right now" in this example because it's not a debate...................don't call me a hypocrite! :p )
"Science was dealt a crippling blow the instant that its conclusions were deemed to be subject to democracy."
[face=Arial][/face]
Reno
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 18

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Feb 29, '08, 11:37 pm

Reno wrote:
(To Silver, should he read this: It's okay that I said, "I don't feel like going into it right now" in this example because it's not a debate...................don't call me a hypocrite! :p )

Okay! :wave:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Feb 29, '08, 11:39 pm

Interesting question. Offhand, I can't think of anything at the moment, but so many thoughts try to come to my mind that it hurts to think of them all and which one would be the most special. I'll let it go at that for now.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Casual Conversation