Sprite Artwork Thread (Requests, New Stuff, and whatnot.)

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Postby DrkTr14ce » Sun Jan 27, '08, 8:21 pm

Believe me, I've tried!

Damn it...

Oh well, I'll just continue onwards.

Update: January 27, 2008

In case anyone cares, I'm working on another drawing. Why you probably won't care is that fact that it's not PS IV. It's Fio (Metal Slug), guest appearing in Capcom Vs. SNK: Card Fighter's Clash (Neo-Geo Pocket).
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby DrkTr14ce » Mon Mar 3, '08, 5:32 am

UPDATE: March 3rd, 2008

Well, Happy Late Leap Year, people. I'm aware of how long it's been, and I've made attempts to kick my own * because of it. Now my leg hurts from trying to bend it in ways it probably wasn't supposed to go. So here's the updates.

Nothing new for here or Deviant Art yet. I did complete the Fio drawing, followed by a small amound of Final Fantasy I pictures and a fan drawing of a character from an animation. (Anyone ever hear of Attack of the Evil TV? It's on Newgrounds. Go watch it.) Unsurprisingly, I'm too damn lazy to upload it. And as of right now, I probably won't be drawing anything else until I can get another Black colored pencil. The one I have is literally smaller than my pinky finger.

So just do what everyone at DA does: Deal with it until I upload something.

Thanks for the time and support, guys.
-- The DrkTr14ce
Aka. Kahrne Annabelle Lee

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Thoul » Mon Mar 3, '08, 6:06 am

I really hated using the short pencils like that back when I was taking art classes in high school. The pencils were so expensive that I always made the most of them, but those little ones started cramping my fingers after a while.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby DrkTr14ce » Mon Mar 3, '08, 6:07 am

Thoul wrote:I really hated using the short pencils like that back when I was taking art classes in high school. The pencils were so expensive that I always made the most of them, but those little ones started cramping my fingers after a while.

Heh. This one wasn't short when I got it...

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby DrkTr14ce » Sun Mar 30, '08, 11:12 am

UPDATE: March 30, 2008

I'm sorry, I'm a bit later than what I was hoping for. But I've gone and updated my DA page with a good amount of drawings. I'm afraid there isn't a new Phantasy Star one up yet*, but there are a few that you might be interested in looking at. Thanks for being so supportive and patient. I don't know how you can be with my inconsistancy. XD

-- The DrkTr14ce
Aka. Kahrne Annabelle Lee

* I'm really sorry, guys, I can't just choose one to do! I seriously could use some suggestions on what you think I should draw. It could be for any reason: The character itself, the scene, the comical responses, the tragedy, whichever. Just...please..help.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Reno » Sun Mar 30, '08, 6:13 pm

Why, oh why, have I never noticed this thread?

Bloody brilliant! Your artwork is superb, DrkTr14ce! I especially love the Kirby power panels, (sword, fire, laser, etc.) and the Metroid, Return of Samus one, although the new ones you just added are much more complex and also very well done.

As for what to do next... I can't really think of a specific suggestion, but I recommend picking out anything you haven't done, (and something you never thought you'd do) and just do it! It's what I do when I'm stuck with what to write, (we use the same brain hemisphere, don'cha know!) and it usually leads to some pretty interesting outcomes. There are tons of games out there, just pick a game and a character and roll with it!
"Science was dealt a crippling blow the instant that its conclusions were deemed to be subject to democracy."
[face=Arial][/face]
Reno
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 18

Postby DrkTr14ce » Sun Mar 30, '08, 7:45 pm

Why do I have this feeling that I have another frantic follower of my work? XD

But seriously, thanks for the compliments. I've been scouring the Internet for a bit, and I've turned up nothing so far. I do appreciate the idea, Reno, of just picking something, but I prefer to pick sprites form games i've played, only because I know what that sprite is, where it came from, and can tell more about it. The only few exceptions are the Capcom Vs. SNK ones; Those I just grabbed the sprite sheet, made a few alterations, and went with it.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby DrkTr14ce » Wed Sep 3, '08, 7:57 pm

Update (Sort of): September 3, 2008

Yes, yes, I'm aware of the date! I'm aware of the fact that I haven't even been here in months, and I'm now rather aware of the fact that people took notice to my absence. I...feel sort of..uh...what's the word? 'Accepted'? I think that's it.

Anyways....I've uploaded....one drawing? That's it? Huh. Thought there was the...no, March 24, 2008.

http://drktr14ce.deviantart.com/art/The ... k-80906880
This is...uh..well, a 2-D version of the infamous Newgrounds Tank, originally taken from the animation Sprite TV 2. Go watch it, it's funny. So...yeah, it took a bit of work to do, despite being one colour.

http://drktr14ce.deviantart.com/art/Lin ... t-92916866
Full title: Link can't wait to bomb Dodongos

Made as a birthday gift for a friend of mine, most of you probably wouldn't fully understand the joke behind it. So...you might want to read what I put in the description box. It might help.

Drawings I'm working on:
Mario and Luigi from Kart Fighter, a pirated NES fighting game
A currently unrevealed DA avatar for an artist, whose work I enjoy

Yup, that's about it. I'm still taking requests, ideas, and all that fun stuff.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Lemina » Thu Sep 4, '08, 12:42 am

Your work is nothing short of amazing! Especially that last Link bomber picture--spriting to perfection~
Last edited by Lemina on Thu Sep 4, '08, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Celeith » Thu Sep 4, '08, 3:49 pm

yo Drk I got a request.. You think you could do one of Child Rydia from Final Fantasy IV?
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork