Easter Eggs

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

Easter Eggs

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Nov 12, '08, 5:37 pm

Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Thoul » Wed Nov 12, '08, 6:50 pm

I remember the Neiclaw, it was a prize from some quest online I think. It looked pretty cool.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Thu Nov 13, '08, 7:25 am

Yeah in PSU the Neiclaw is huge. Also in PSU the Falclaw (Rika Claw) is rarest claw in the game and the most powerful its also pretty big.

A CAST with the Neiclaw

A Numan with the Falclaw

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 13, '08, 2:46 pm

Mmm... I never really understood why the Falclaw was so enormous.
On a more inquisitive note, do you suppose that the Falclaw is the Silver-tusk? Personally, I think it might be the Genoclaw found in Air Castle. It certainly has a "one-hit-KO" look to it.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby newsblade » Thu Nov 13, '08, 3:09 pm

I think "Fal claw" could be any claw used by Rika (genoclaw, laser claw, plasma claw, or even the BIG and -I think- unused claw showed on PSIV back cover).

The Neiclaw [PSO] is not the same Neiclaw ("Nei [esper's word of power]- claw) from PSdrama that Nei3rd used, because that one was made of metal and it hadn't a laser beam. However this Neiclaw ("Nei [the name of the numan]- claw" used in PSO), like Falclaw (Rika [the name of the numan]- claw), could be any claw used by Nei (nei2nd from PSII).

The Psychowand could be any of the psychowands that were made during the events of PSI and not necessary THE psychowand (Rune's).
ImageImage
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 13, '08, 4:02 pm

You've made some very interesting observations , News. If I may play Dark Forces advocate (devils advocate) for a moment, what if Nei[definition a: The esper word for power.] and Nei[definition b: The numan girl that accompanied Rolf in Phantasy Star II] are indeed the same definition? This point may have already been brought up, but since we know that Numans are engineered, could it be that Nei was made by espers given her name for the potential power she had?

Point B: Do you think there could be more than one Psychowand? Personaly, I think that saying so would go against the canon of PSIV, but that's just me. It seems to me that Rune spoke of the Psycho-wand as though it were a unique item.

Going farther on this, if we look at the PSU definition of the FalClaw, it refers to once being used by a legendary numan so that would have to mean that PSU takes place after AW 2285.
That being said, it seems unlikely that the Psycho-wand from PSU could be any psycho-wand from PSI especially since Rune drops hints that his psycho-wand is a unique item, much like the Elsydeon.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 13, '08, 6:27 pm

Rune's wand may have been given unique powers by Lutz after he acquired it.

I'm pretty sure that FalClaw is meant as a homage to that huge one on the PSIV cover. That's the only claw I've ever seen that is anything close to it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Fri Nov 14, '08, 7:19 am

Thoul wrote:I'm pretty sure that FalClaw is meant as a homage to that huge one on the PSIV cover. That's the only claw I've ever seen that is anything close to it.

Same I've only ever seen it on cover art as well, besides being in psu.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Celeith » Fri Nov 14, '08, 4:43 pm

Hmm, interesting.. I know on PSO theres these weapons as well as a weapon called the Heart of Poumn. The claw is suppose to be Alis Landales claw but it makes no sence considering she used a sword. But maybe that was the silver tusk..
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Nov 19, '08, 6:20 pm

Isn't that a tiny bit blasphemous toward the canon given to us by PSC? >.<
This is why it took me so long to start playing the new generation of Phantasy Star games. I can't stand it when people mess with canon!
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Next

Return to Phantasy Star General