Harry Potter movie

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Harry Potter movie

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Aug 20, '08, 9:57 pm

I heard yesterday that the newest Harry Potter movie that was scheduled to be released sometime this year has been pushed back to next year (2009) for release. I think the news reports said that they thought it would do better next year than for it to come out now, even though some trailers of the movie have already been out awhile, I think.

Anyone keeping up with these Harry Potter movies?

I'm not a fan of Harry Potter so don't know much about it really.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 24, '08, 4:47 am

Hm, I remember hearing that one of them was going to be split into two movies. I wonder if that's this one and has something to do with it. This has been a pretty big year for movies though, so there may not be as much competition next year.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby hugues » Fri Aug 29, '08, 2:46 am

Nah, it's book 7 that's being split into two parts. It has the most action of the series and would be difficult to do in one movie without cutting a lot. The movie that was delayed is for book 6 (my favorite in the series). What I read is that the writer's strike earlier this year left Warner Bros without any "summer blockbusters" ready for next year. I guess the strike happened when they normally are writing for the next year. So they decided to bump Harry Potter to have something big next summer.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Re: Harry Potter movie

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jul 18, '09, 5:31 pm

Bumping this thread up as I heard yesterday that the newest Harry Potter movie had it's opening day and made a record $104 Million on it's opening. Wow, that must be some movie.

Anyone going to see this new Harry Potter movie?

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jul 18, '09, 5:50 pm

I'll be seeing it tomorrow. Looking forward to it, seems to be fairly well reviewed compared to some of the other Potter flicks.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Wed Jul 22, '09, 2:35 am

Not a massive Harry Potter fan myself, however I do like all the dragons and mythical creatures. I'll be seeing it this weekend with a few mates.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jul 27, '09, 4:19 pm

Caged Wolf and Lucas, did you both get to see the new Harry Potter movie? Let us know what you all thought of this branch of the Potter movies. Was it as good as all the rest, or is the Potter movies becoming a bit overdone by this time?

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Jul 28, '09, 1:16 am

I rather liked it. As usual, lots cut from the book, but you have to do that. However, I should have read Half Blood Prince again as I did get lost a few times as I haven't read it in a while.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Darkil » Tue Jul 28, '09, 1:42 pm

As huge a thing as Harry Potter is [Star Wars anyone?] I'm really surprised that G-Force beat it out in ratings. I guess it boils down to this Potter was darker and G-Force is kid friendly...
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lucas » Wed Jul 29, '09, 3:23 am

Yeah only the first two Harry Potter movies were quite kid friendly from the third movie onwards they introduced many Dark themes and stuff which is why the recent HP movies have all been M rated in Australia instead of PG. Also as for this movie it was okay. But I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it on DVD or anything. After seeing it I would have rather gone and watched Transformers II again but that’s just my opinion.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Next

Return to Feature Films