Spiderman new director

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Spiderman new director

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jan 20, '10, 9:13 pm

There is a new director for the Spiderman movies:

http://www.freep.com/article/20100120/E ... Spider-Man

It seems they are taking Spiderman in a new direction. How will this go over with Spiderman fans??? Will everyone like seeing a younger Spiderman? Or should they have stuck with Spidy as he was?

Will everyone miss actor Tobey MaGuire playing Spidy?

I'm a bit skeptical because they seem to have had a good thing going there with some very successful movies, and now change could be better or it could prove devastating. but that's the chances you take, I guess.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Spiderman new director

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Jan 20, '10, 10:01 pm

I think the Spiderman franchise should take hint from the newer Batman films, and just start over from scratch with better actors.

That said, I won't miss Tobey. I never thought he acted the part of Peter Parker well; he just didn't "fit the bill" for me. 'Same with Kirsten Dunst; she is no MJ. They were both miscast.

Loved Willem Dafoe as the Green Goblin, though. ;)
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Thoul » Wed Jan 20, '10, 10:21 pm

I was mostly happy with the casting in the first movie, but the following movies left me a little disappointed with the main actors. I imagine a reboot will do well and please a lot of people, but I'm kind of tired of all these movie reboots.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Thu Jan 21, '10, 2:29 am

Well for me Spider-man 3 was a big let. So I’m all for a fresh start with this one.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Darkil » Mon Jan 25, '10, 1:25 pm

I agree with Lucas, Spiderman 3 was the weakest of the 3 and I felt ripped off not only with Venom but the whole symbiote story as a whole. I was completely uninterested when EVERYONE was crying in the movie and Peter "dancing" down the street acting like he's the stuff was weaker even still. They could've borrowed from the cartoon that came out in the 90's and had Peter more aggressive and violent instead trying [keyword trying] to be a "pimp". All in all I was sorely tempted to ask for a refund but knowing it would be a futile effort I just let it be.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby MrKite » Mon Jan 25, '10, 3:25 pm

They shouldn't even be making another Spiderman film. They should've just ended it at the 3rd one, and left it at that. This is a big mistake. My prediction:The 4th Spiderman film will be the worst of the films.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Return to Feature Films