Tremors

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Tremors

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed May 14, '14, 5:02 pm

Anyone a fan of the "Tremors" series of movies starring Kevin Bacon, Fred Ward, and Michael Gross? There have been several (about 4 or 5) movies and I think they even spawned off into a television series which didn't last too long.

Any way, saw this morning where one of the actors in some of the "Tremors" movies had passed away. Read more here:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.as ... d=ansent11

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/t ... ies-703742
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Tremors

Postby Thoul » Mon Jun 16, '14, 7:18 pm

Sad to hear that actor passed. He had kind of a bit role in Tremors, from what I recall, but he did a great job with it.

Anyhow, I enjoyed the first two movies. The later stuff to a lesser extent. The TV series was okay, but mostly forgettable. Once the three main characters from the first movie moved on, I just found it hard to connect with the show. Michael Gross' character was always fun, though. He played the humorous crazy gun nut perfectly.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Oct 7, '15, 8:30 am

I was pleasantly surprised to find out this evening that there is a new "Temors" movie out now. "Tremors 5: Bloodlines" has just been released on DVD, Blue-Ray, etc. Actor Michael Gross who plays the character of Burt Gummer is back in the original role he played. The film also stars actor Jamie Kennedy (formerly of "Ghost Whisperer" and other roles).

I also happened to see actor Kevin Bacon on TV the other day on "The Chew" and he talked a little about the "Tremors" movies and says that he would like to revisit his "Tremors" character once again, so who knows, maybe that will happen one day. Kevin was in the original "Tremors" movie for those that are not familiar with the "Tremors" series saga.

I wish they could get singer/actress Reba McEntyre to recreate the role she played in the original movie also. It would be fun to see the old gang back together again fighting those monsters!

And, I need to check out the "Tremors" 4 movie as I don't think I have seen that one yet either. I believe we have the first 3 movies on DVD or VHS and the "Tremors" tv series also, but will have to check on that.

Anyone else here like the "Tremors" movies?

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Nov 30, '15, 8:57 pm

Terrific news for fans of "Tremors"! It looks like actor Kevin Bacon, who was in the original "Tremors" movie will be coming back to the series to do a possible "Tremors" tv show:

http://www.etonline.com/tv/176895_kevin ... celebrate/

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/24/tr ... evin-bacon

This is great news! It will be awesome to see Kevin back fighting the Tremors monsters again.

And, I really hope they get Michael Gross, the actor who plays Burt Gummer, to be in the series too. He provides a lot of comic relief for the series, and more! It might be too much to hope for actress/singer Reba McEntyre may reprise her role as Burt's wife in the original movie, but I'm sure hoping it happens!!

Looking forward to seeing this happen!

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu May 3, '18, 8:12 pm

Very sad news in that I read the "Tremors" tv series that had been planned for the SyFy network has been canceled. Actor Kevin Bacon (one of the stars in the original "Tremors" movie) was coming back to do this series. I don't really know why they canceled it, but let's hope it comes back some other way some time.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/30/ ... evin-bacon

Now, for some good news, the latest movie in the "Tremors" saga is now out on DVD. It is named "Tremors: A Cold Day In Hell". I already have the DVD as I saw it when we went to Walmart the other day (it came out on DVD Tuesday), but I have not watched it yet. Looking forward to it. This movie stars actor Michael Gross as Bert Gummer, who is also one of the original characters in the original Tremors movie.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Fri May 4, '18, 11:40 am

Not really about Tremors as I don't know this serie but about Kevin Bacon : I've just watch a movie with him inside yesterday ! It was RIPD ! Disd some of you ever watch it ? Not too bad but not a marvelous movie IMHO ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri May 13, '22, 8:42 pm

Sad news for "Tremors" fans. Actor Fred Ward has died. He was 79. He was in many movies and TV shows over the years but gained fame for his work in the "Tremors" movies. He will be missed.

Condolences to his family.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/f ... ctor-death

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Sun May 15, '22, 12:41 pm

Like I saw on your other post, still a very bad news...:( Condolences to his family.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Feature Films