What advice would you give ....

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

What advice would you give ....

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu May 1, '08, 9:39 pm

to a new player who had never played any of the Phantasy Star video games before?

Which PS game do you think would be a good game to begin with - #1, #2, #4, or one of the other PS related games?

Any tips, tricks, shortcuts, things to watch out for, that you would advise about on any of the games?

Any other advice or help that you would offer?

Is this series of video games harder or easier or about the same as other video games?

And, do you think it is worth it to even begin playing this series of video games?

Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby newsblade » Thu May 1, '08, 9:57 pm

Play IV. Even if the remakes were already translated 'end of the millennium' gives the best experience. Also it will spark people's curiosity to play the previous games. After playing the other games, go back to PSIV - it will be an entirely new experience!
No shortcuts, the game isn't very difficult.

And, do you think it is worth it to even begin playing this series of video games?

Are you kidding? =P
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Shinuzzo » Thu May 1, '08, 10:06 pm

Depends on how familiar the person is with RPGs and video games in general.

I think IV's a good beginner's RPG, there are a few hard parts but it's almost impossible to screw yourself over or get lost. If they're more into action RPGs obviously Online and Universe are a safer bet. If they're into older, harder games, I or II of course, but they might have already played them. III, I wouldn't suggest unless they're really into RPGs.

I think everyone into video games at all should at least play Phantasy Star IV at some point.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Return to Classic Series