Spare Change

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Spare Change

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jul 11, '08, 5:35 am

Almost everybody has spare change left over from time to time. What do you do with your spare change???

Do you save it? Do you spend it?

I generally tend to save it, roll it up in money wrappers as I get enough, and then either use it to pay bills or whatever. Sometimes I save it for other expenses, or Christmas money, etc.

It is amazing how spare change can add up over a small amount of time, especially all those pennies. :hyper:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Fri Jul 11, '08, 7:25 am

I have a little coin bank. I drop it in there until there's a decent amount. Usually I roll it up and deposit it in my bank account. The other week I did something new instead. I took a bunch to one of those Coinstar machines at the local grocery store and got an Amazon.com gift certificate. I still haven't spent any of it though. I just haven't had time to browse around for something I really want to buy.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Wed Aug 13, '08, 3:17 pm

I usually save up whatever change me and my wife have in a little box I have in my closet. Usually when the thing gets to full to where I can't close it then I'll roll up what I can then go deposit it into our checking account. Use to when I'd save up change that would be my game fund right there but now that I'm a little older I don't tend to use the money for games since I have to have some way to put minor gas in my vehicle >.>
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby hugues » Thu Aug 14, '08, 4:02 am

I used to keep a change jar that I'd take to the bank every December to pad the Christmas fund. I made a New Year's resolution this year to go cashless except for places that won't take a credit card. I barely ever have change now so that jar will only have a few bucks in it by the holiday season (if that).
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Aug 14, '08, 10:09 pm

hugues wrote:I used to keep a change jar that I'd take to the bank every December to pad the Christmas fund. I made a New Year's resolution this year to go cashless except for places that won't take a credit card. I barely ever have change now so that jar will only have a few bucks in it by the holiday season (if that).

Hugues, interesting New Year's resolution that you made about going cashless. I guess I'm just the opposite as I'm going Credit Card less. :wink:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Casual Conversation