Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, '13, 1:10 pm 
Source: http://variety.com/2013/digital/news/so ... 200845203/

It seems that the PS4 is getting off to a good start, despite the low review scores of the launch games. I messed around with a PS4 at my local Best Buy, and I really like the new Dualshock 4 controller. It feels much better than the old Dualshocks, which I never really liked all that much.

Last edited by S4Blade on Tue Nov 19, '13, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, '13, 3:25 pm 
I actually prefer the old dualshocks. The main reason is because the new controller is just a little bit wider, which is not very good for us small-handed folks. I have to stretch my thumbs to use the joysticks. That said, there are two changes I like: the curved shoulder buttons and the indented joysticks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, '13, 6:41 pm 
Yeah I think the concave analog sticks are what made the controller feel better to me. I'm used to them with the Xbox controllers. When I use the older Dualshocks, it seems like my thumbs slip off of the analog sticks over time and I need to re-position my thumbs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, '13, 8:44 pm 
Good point on the original dualshock controllers, but I have to say I'm pretty used to that at this point. I had an original Playstation within a year of its release, a PS2 after that, and then the PS3. Never had an XBox, so I never got accustomed to concave sticks, though it is a positive change for the PS4 controller. One of the things I liked about Sony is they kept the controller design pretty consistent, so that design just fits right into my hand quite smoothly anymore. But I'm sure if I started playing the PS4 regularly, I'd get used to the greater width and different shape, be able to overlook it and appreciate the curved shoulder buttons and concave sticks a little more.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, '13, 7:44 am 
So you never had an Xbox? or a 360? I always end up with every system at some point in time. Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft it doesn't really matter to me. I always end up having some excuse to get them. Same goes with portables for me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, '13, 3:34 pm 
Nope. Never had an XBox or 360. The exclusives I wanted were always on the Sony consoles, so I never had a reason (and let's be honest - the money, or the time to play all the games) to get an XBox with a Sony console. The only exclusive I can think of that I want on the 360 now is the Destroy All Humans game on it. But that alone isn't enough. But I do now have access to an XBox, as my boyfriend has one, should I ever decide I want to get and play that game.

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]