Games that should be revisited

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Games that should be revisited

Postby Thoul » Tue May 25, '10, 6:27 pm

We all know that in the past few years, there has been a big push to re-release titles from older game catalogs. With the Virtual Console, XBLA, and even collection discs, many of the more popular games have been released again.

There are still a lot of games that haven't made it into circulation again, though. What games would you like to see released again?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Games that should be revisited

Postby Tsunami » Tue May 25, '10, 7:48 pm

Lufia. And Lufia 2. Both were fun games and I think the second Lufia especially deserves some kinda release. :yes: In my opinion, it's really one of the best SNES games out there in terms of both gameplay and music. And if they release it, they could at least fix some of the bugs in it while they are at it. >.>

I would like to see Terranigma also released as well (we didn't get it in the states, it's another great SNES game =( ), but I don't know if it would make it to the Wii due to Nintendo's censorship (they say "God" and "Devil" like, once in the game and I know that NOA is strict with stuff like that, correct me if I am wrong).
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby thepeaguy » Wed May 26, '10, 12:00 am

*** For personal amusement, I think Last Battle should be released as dlc. The gameplay and graphics are so awesome, I can see dozens of hardcore gamers wanting a slice of this Sega Genesis classic.

(I love sarcasm.)
thepeaguy
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 2

Postby Tsunami » Wed May 26, '10, 12:05 am

thepeaguy wrote:*** For personal amusement, I think Last Battle should be released as dlc. The gameplay and graphics are so awesome, I can see dozens of hardcore gamers wanting a slice of this Sega Genesis classic.

(I love sarcasm.)
I've never heard of that game. But, if you're being sarcastic about it, it must not be a very good one. :p Though that does make me wonder how many games that aren't great made it to the Wii for downloading.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Celeith » Wed May 26, '10, 2:37 am

Tsunami wrote:Lufia. And Lufia 2. Both were fun games and I think the second Lufia especially deserves some kinda release. :yes: In my opinion, it's really one of the best SNES games out there in terms of both gameplay and music. And if they release it, they could at least fix some of the bugs in it while they are at it. >.>

I would like to see Terranigma also released as well (we didn't get it in the states, it's another great SNES game =( ), but I don't know if it would make it to the Wii due to Nintendo's censorship (they say "God" and "Devil" like, once in the game and I know that NOA is strict with stuff like that, correct me if I am wrong).

Tecnically Lufia2 has been remade for the DS.. Its just not Lufia anymore.. It more resembles Ys with a weird party system.. I'm kinda disappointed in the game myself.. They ruined my sweet Tia..

Ahem Anyways.. I wish they would release Terranigma here myself.. It was a great game, from beginning to end the game kept me on the edge of my seat.. Something that many Snes games didn't do back in the day. Maybe one day Square will revisit it and place it on the Wii like they did with their Final Fantasy IV: After Years they had on the Japanese Cellphone.

Also how many games have you played that God and Devil have been thrown around.. I know I've played a few.. Even the Star Oceans have characters that curse God.. not the Gods but God for things happening to them. I think a few of the Final Fantasy's as well as Chrono Trigger and Cross talk about the evolution of man, something I found that people don't take a liking to.. Especially most Christian people.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Wed May 26, '10, 3:25 am

Nintendo of America has a more strict outlook on religious references than most companies, though. Mainly because they've been called out on such references offending people a few times. I could easily seem them blocking a game's release until something like a reference to God was changed in the game. Terranigma would be a great game to re-release, but Nintendo would probably require some edits before they let it on VC.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby PSP » Wed May 26, '10, 5:09 am

Well, since I use emulation I don't see the point in rebuying a game again that I own (and have downloaded to play on my HDTV with filtering that makes it look a ton better than the official 're-releases' out there). Still, one game that comes to mind is ShadowRun for the Mega Drive/Genesis. It was a great RPG...too bad Microsoft ruined the franchise for this generation of gamers with a half-hearted FPS that had nothing to do with the series. :P
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby thepeaguy » Wed May 26, '10, 11:33 am

Tsunami wrote:
thepeaguy wrote:*** For personal amusement, I think Last Battle should be released as dlc. The gameplay and graphics are so awesome, I can see dozens of hardcore gamers wanting a slice of this Sega Genesis classic.

(I love sarcasm.)
I've never heard of that game. But, if you're being sarcastic about it, it must not be a very good one. :p Though that does make me wonder how many games that aren't great made it to the Wii for downloading.

Video game footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3QXx1_6Ziw

Naw, it isn't, Dreamer. :grumpy: I used to play obscure Genesis games (Atomic Runner, for example, is a classic) back when I was a kid, and this one was just awful. One of the worst beat 'em ups ever.

This game is actually a Fist of The North Star title, based on the final manga/anime chapters of the series, but SoA localised it as "Last Battle", removing the character names and gore that was prominent in the original Japanese version. When you punch or kick normal enemies, they fly away instead of exploding in blood.

What's awful about this game is the sucky gameplay mechanics and the sheer laziness in the different stages. You just walk from point A, kill enemy spawns, small rolling boulders (wth?), flying arrows (again, wth?) and ghostly flying axes, then it's point B. Some stages are labyrinth orientated though.
thepeaguy
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 2

Postby Tanith » Wed May 26, '10, 2:37 pm

The Star Control games, especially the Star Control II 3DO port. I'm guessing it hasn't been released to the Virtual Console because it's... free...? or in the public domain... something like that (don't look at me like that; I'm totally not into software licensing). Still, I want it on my Wii so bad. I'd invite the neighborhood over for a Star Control tournament on the big screen. Life would be grand.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed May 26, '10, 2:40 pm

Earthbound. But it won't happen and I know this, hence why I got a cart.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Next

Return to Retro Roundup