Sonic & SEGA All-Star Racing coming in March. Hoping that...

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Sonic & SEGA All-Star Racing coming in March. Hoping that...

Postby MrKite » Wed Dec 23, '09, 12:51 pm

...Rolf and Rhys will be announced as playable characters in the game before the game's done. I was mad when they didn't have those two, let alone ANY Phantasy Star characters in Sega Superstar Tennis. Rolf and Rhys would be a great addition, and a course based on Paseo, and another one based on Landen will be neat! I will be getting The Wii and DS versions when it comes out.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Sonic & SEGA All-Star Racing coming in March. Hoping that...

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Dec 23, '09, 2:46 pm

I've often had fantasies about two things...seeing a Super Smash Bros.-like game featuring Phantasy Star characters, and a racing game with them. Preferably one fairly comparable to Mario Kart for the sake of the total insanity.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Thu Dec 24, '09, 3:54 am

If Sega was to include any Phantasy Star character’s I doubt they would include characters from the classic series. Considering Phantasy Star as a whole has changed dramatically since after Phantasy Star IV was released they would probably include characters from the Universe series or Online over the original ones. :bang:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby MrKite » Thu Dec 24, '09, 4:25 am

Lucas wrote:If Sega was to include any Phantasy Star character’s I doubt they would include characters from the classic series. Considering Phantasy Star as a whole has changed dramatically since after Phantasy Star IV was released they would probably include characters from the Universe series or Online over the original ones. :bang:

Well Nei was in SegaGaGa.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 24, '09, 6:40 pm

The entire PSI cast was in SegaGaGa as well, along with Mieu, Rika, and a second, more recent representation of Myau.

However, Sega has seemed determine to leave out classic Phantasy Star in a lot of things after that. One would think that an all-star Sega game would be a perfect opportunity to promote the classics (imagine how much interest it could stir up for the VC versions), but I'll be really surprised if there are any Phantasy Star characters in it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to General Gaming