Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Postby Icecypher » Tue Sep 16, '14, 6:03 pm

I was convinced (I did not need much convincing, really) and I bought Sonic's collection for my PS3 (mostly for the first PS, since it is still easier for me to get time for videogames on my portable consoles).

It was weird to see some games from the PSP's Sega Genesis Collection were missing (like Sword of Vermilion). It was also disappointing to see no trophies exist for the Phantasy Star or Shining games, which are the ones I plan to play the most.

I tried to get my boyfriend to finish the first level of Sonic 2 with me so I could unlock Phantasy Star, but it was not needed. I told him to watch first, so he would not feel so lost with the high-speed gameplay, but I unlocked the game playing on my own... I do not know if it was a glitch or if it was what they intended all along, since the description makes it look as if a "player 2" is needed.

What about you guys? Do you have this collection (or the previous one)? What is your experiences with it? And what were your expectations?

If you are into trophies, this one (at a first glance) seems to be quite easy to get a "platinum" in.
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Re: Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Sep 16, '14, 9:03 pm

We have a copy, but I haven't played. Most titles I'm interested in I have in cartridge form. I'm not too much for trophy chasing, unless it seems like an enjoyable challenge or a fun bonus, which is how I see them in general.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Tue Sep 16, '14, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Re: Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Postby Icecypher » Tue Sep 16, '14, 9:38 pm

I am in the middle with trophies. I do like having them, but I prefer it when they come from my own normal play or give me a good reason to do something that will be fun. That is why I expected some to be from PS and Shining.

Although, if they are easy enough, I might as well try a game just for them (seems like some would take less than 15 minutes, and may even make me interested in the game afterwards).

I think most of my playing will be done on my PSP, but I will use this for the games not available in that collection. I may also get to play all the Sonic games in order, and I may even finally finish Ristar I am stuck in level 4 or 5 on my PSP, I think).
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Return to Classic Series