Cool stuff coming down the Capcom pipeline.

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Cool stuff coming down the Capcom pipeline.

Postby R-90-2 » Fri Mar 22, '13, 7:53 pm

And first off are enhanced re-releases of the Dungeons & Dragons arcade games, both together in one bundle for the first time in a while. This bundle will be made available on XBLA, PSN, the Wii U, and Steam, of all things. New features will include things like being able to set "houserules" to change how certain aspects of the game work, as well as the ability to permanently upgrade characters. Online play will be drop-in/drop-out, and the game will feature hi-def sprites.

The second- Woo-oo.

Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Re: Cool stuff coming down the Capcom pipeline.

Postby myau56 » Fri Mar 22, '13, 10:25 pm

I've seen it ! Seems to be great ! The original game was a great one and this remake is going to be like this too :)

Woo-oo :fiery:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Snorb » Sat Mar 23, '13, 3:48 am

I think it's a bit sad that Chronicles of Mystara is the best Dungeons & Dragons game to come out during the current (Fourth) D&D edition, but... considering the other D&D game that came out was Daggerdale, and that sucked... looking so forward to this! (Mostly because it's based on Second Edition which was TOTALLY AWESOME~!)

Also looking forward to Ducktales HD, even though I never played the NES version (and yes, I laughed at "Ready!? Sing-a-long!")
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby R-90-2 » Sat Mar 23, '13, 1:01 pm

Actually, the arcade game was based off of the Rules Cyclopedia (the compilation of the ruleset as laid out in the Basic/Expert/Companion/Master box sets) version of the D&D ruleset, because it still uses things like race as class, and the setting of Mystara was first introduced in the D&D "Expert" box set.

In fact, here's a gallery of pictures from the Japanese version of the Rules Cyclopedia. http://mystara.thorf.co.uk/jrc.html
Last edited by R-90-2 on Sat Mar 23, '13, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Snorb » Sat Mar 23, '13, 5:29 pm

You know, you'd think I would've known that considering I have a pdf of the Rules Cyclopedia (that I never looked through.)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby R-90-2 » Mon Jun 17, '13, 10:47 pm

Just bumping this as a reminder that the D&D arcade games are set to release on Steam and PSN tomorrow, with the XBLA release coming the day after.
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Return to In the News