Something I found out about Sonic Classic Collection for DS!

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Something I found out about Sonic Classic Collection for DS!

Postby MrKite » Thu Mar 4, '10, 10:44 pm

It also supports the three lock-on games for Sonic & Knuckles! (eg S&K with Sonic 2 and 3, and even Sonic 1 which only lets you play the blue sphere mini game over and over again) And you don't have to unlock any of them either! They're readily available to play. And that's a good thing, because none of these were on the PS2/PSP/PS3/360 MegaDrive collections, but they were on Sonic Mega Collection for the Gamecube, however the way to unlock them was downright ridiculous, and because it was so ridiculous, I never unlocked them, and the only way I could play those except for Blue Sphere other than emulation was on the real cartridges themselves locked on to S&K. Now, I'm hoping that there's a possibility that in the future we'll get a Phantasy Star I-IV collection on the DS, and maybe even a Streets of Rage anthology.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Something I found out about Sonic Classic Collection for DS!

Postby Oakley2284 » Thu Mar 4, '10, 10:54 pm

You can have all the Phantasy star séries on a DS games. But, this is a hack games....
Oakley AW2284, on planet Motavia
Oakley2284
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 105

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 5, '10, 3:01 am

I remember when the Sonic's Genesis Collection came out and tons of people were ticked off about the lack of lock-on. That was a major blunder on the part of the developers of that collection. I'm glad there will be a new collection that has the feature.

I doubt we'll see a new Phantasy Star collection anytime soon, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby PathfinderCS » Thu Mar 18, '10, 8:41 pm

I'm kinda hoping for a truly big Sonic compilation eventually, with Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, as well as Sonic CD. There are plenty of other game they could add (Sonic the Fighters, Knuckles Chaotic, and the various Master System and Game Gear games), but those would be my key games.

I'll have to check the new collection and see how they stack up to the Virtual Console releases.
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Re: Something I found out about Sonic Classic Collection for

Postby Celeith » Thu Apr 1, '10, 5:33 pm

I think the Sonic Ultimate collection was alright with the games that it had. Sure the lack of S3&K was a bummer, but really I still have my Sonic Collection on gamecube, and really I don't wanna go through getting all the Chaos emeralds for Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, then getting the Hyper Crystals for Sonic, Tails and Knuckles again. If I get the urge to play S3&K I'll just turn on my Gamecube.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Return to General Gaming