First Apple Computer auction

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

First Apple Computer auction

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Jun 23, '13, 4:03 am

Wow, I would expect this auction for one of the first Apple Computers to go really high, even higher than they are estimating right now. This is a big piece of history.

http://news.yahoo.com/first-apple-compu ... 51904.html

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: First Apple Computer auction

Postby Tanith » Sun Jun 23, '13, 5:03 am

From the article, about the Apple 1 computers: "They came with eight kilobytes of memory--a million times less than the average computer today."

How far we've come! It's a good time to auction Apple products. Steve Jobs's death, combined with Apple being the current King of the Technology Hill (and their HUGELY loyal customer base), make this a hot collectible. I'm not an Apple cultist, but I appreciate the company's importance in the history of mainstream computing.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Flames of Yagami » Thu Jun 27, '13, 6:51 am

Let's face it, even if you're not much of an Apple supporter, you can't deny the impact the company has made. Seeing that old computer has made me realize not only how far Apple has come in nearly 40 years, but technology as a whole. It's almost scary to think about what electronics will and won't be able to do within the next few decades years.
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Thu Jun 27, '13, 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby myau56 » Thu Jan 16, '14, 12:22 pm

I'm very far to be an apple fan (to be polite, Like I have said TOO MANY often ! lol) but like Yagami was saying, you can't deny the impact the company has made through all these years ! But now.. it's "new products" often.. eurh same one with some improvements ...but if some people are fan : it's their right :!)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Tech and Design