Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Some other forums are BS
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, '08, 5:50 pm 
Yes I'm mad.. Its funny actually.. I went to this forum ok.. I joined, and then i posted a simple message in the introduction thread sayin Hi im ( ) im new and how is everyone.. and then 5 mins later i got banned... what kinda BS is that >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, '08, 10:00 pm 
Well, at least you're among friends here, Kaloes!

Nei: (pops up from behind a box and bops Kaloes with the Banhammer)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, '08, 10:55 pm 
That's too bad Kaloes! Sorry to hear that. :blank:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, '08, 11:15 pm 
Maybe it was a private forum? Some places are very strict with their rules, but that sounds a bit odd unless it's meant to be a forum for a small group of people who already know each other. It might have also been some kind of accident, like your IP address being in a range of banned IPs. If something like that happened to me, I'd write an e-mail to the administrator asking why.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, '08, 11:43 pm 
well it was funny, i mean the forum had like 1000+ members, and i know its not a website error cause on my comp it says you have been banned and I cannot do anything, can't log in, can't register, can't even view the boards anymore. but i went to my friends house and got on his comp, checked the site and i could view the page, register, and ect but couldnt log in.. that forum is a bunch of BS i tell ya..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, '08, 11:49 pm 
I agree with Thoul; that sounds just a wee bit extreme, even for the strictest of sites. Don't get mad, just write a simple and polite e-mail asking why it happened. I've known some of the strictest forums around, and there's no way any of them would ban a person right out of the gate, unless they did something really idiotic, (like go around posting giant JPEG's of hentai for example). Unless its run by a bunch of gits who's mods think its fun to ban random people who join, you should definitely be welcomed back with a thousand apologies and three-times the usual welcomes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, '08, 1:19 am 
I've actually seen a few forums that do, for whatever reason that's a mystery to me, tell people NOT to post introductory messages. Either way, that's beyond ridiculous, Kaleos. Contact the administrator and figure out why that happened. I'm hoping it was an accident of some kind. What was it a forum for, anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, '08, 1:58 am 
was just some random pokemon forum, you have to join the forum to get new trainer cards so it was annoying as hell when that happened.. doesn't matter im not goin back there anyways.. only joined so i could make something for a friend.. now im done with it.. i just thought it was funny and alot of BS. maybe they just got mad cuz in my signature i had my custom trainer card instead of one of theirs >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, '08, 4:00 am 
Good idea to send them an email demanding (er, asking) exactly what is going on and why you were banned. Atleast you will know the reason why. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, '08, 10:56 pm 
I've never been banned from a forum before, but I guess there is a first time for everything. My advice is to forget them and let it be their loss.

Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next