Some new vids for PSIV: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Some new vids for PSIV: BaNL

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Mar 27, '10, 8:47 am

I thought I'd like to share some of the videos I've been creating during this last week on Youtube. I could use more support, but I'll make do with what I have...

Chaz gives Alys extra stress...

A quick battle movie.

I apologize for the fact that there's no sound... :cry:
Last edited by Lyla2284 on Sat Mar 27, '10, 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Re: Some new vids for PSIV: BaNL

Postby Solar » Sat Mar 27, '10, 9:00 am

No sound in those... I recommend you to use Fraps, or HyperCam2. Fraps will require you to get a full version to record videos longer than 30 seconds, but HyperCam2 just makes a small note in the corner. It's really handy for recording windowed games.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Mar 27, '10, 9:06 am

I'll do that in future. Thanks for the advice, Solar.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Oakley2284 » Sat Mar 27, '10, 12:55 pm

This games look really great.

But I can't install it on this computer (the RPGmaker won't install). I'll wait my laptop for install this games...
Oakley AW2284, on planet Motavia
Oakley2284
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 105

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Mar 27, '10, 2:44 pm

These are all very good, Lyla, but I just have one suggestion. In battles, it looks like the characters and critters all have the same images as in the original game. Going from the overworld maps to battles is a massive change in art style from yours to the older, more pixellated style. I have no idea if you can do anything about that, but if you can, I think you should for the sake of art style consistency. :2c:

Otherwise, though, all looks great! :up:
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby FreshFeeling » Sat Mar 27, '10, 3:56 pm

Looks very cool.
I think I read somewhere that you were trying to use the statistics from Phantasy Star IV. Does that include the enemy statistics?
And are the battle mechanics the same as Phantasy Star IV, or is that something done by the RPG maker that just sort of works out similarly?
FreshFeeling
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 23

Postby Celeith » Sat Mar 27, '10, 5:28 pm

Solar wrote:No sound in those... I recommend you to use Fraps, or HyperCam2. Fraps will require you to get a full version to record videos longer than 30 seconds, but HyperCam2 just makes a small note in the corner. It's really handy for recording windowed games.

If you use Cam Studio like I do then your recordings will have sound, good quality when making games.. *Youtube craps video's sometimes* But all in all Cam Studio is free, easy to use, and works well with game recordings. Just remember if you get it to go to the sound settings and set it to where it records from the speakers and not the mic. You don't know how much I got frustrated when I couldn't get sound to work right lol.

Anyways, I've been keeping track of your work Lyla and I'm enjoying every bit so far.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Mar 28, '10, 9:28 am

FreshFeeling wrote:Looks very cool.
I think I read somewhere that you were trying to use the statistics from Phantasy Star IV. Does that include the enemy statistics?
And are the battle mechanics the same as Phantasy Star IV, or is that something done by the RPG maker that just sort of works out similarly?

The characters stats from the original game are the same, and I had to enter them manually. I had a list which listed all of the PSIV character stats from their starting lvl all the way up to lvl 99. I had to create the enemy stats from scratch, because RMXP uses a different battle formula and damage calculation as PSIV. This goes for all the battle mechanics as well.

Some good news. The videos now record with sound! :D It took just one simple setting. Here's an LP for part I. It's around 8 minutes long.

Most of the original music as been trashed, since there are better tunes out there. :wink: The 'Meet them head on' tune got on my nerves after a while. In fact, the only tunes I have kept are "Field Motavia", "Laughter", "Requiem for Lutz" and "Thray" (duh, it's Rune's theme. :D )
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Solar » Sun Mar 28, '10, 9:51 am

As long as it isn't RTP music and fits, I'm fine with that.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Lyla2284 » Fri Apr 2, '10, 7:12 pm

Here's another vid, this time against Juza. I'll see if I can upload the second part of the LP tomorrow.

Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Next

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More