Rune x Alys piece done...

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Rune x Alys piece done...

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Aug 12, '09, 6:53 am

Hey, all. I have returned to share the piece that I said I would share when completed... the Rune x Alys piece that is now colored. 'Hope that it is liked by fellow Phantasy Star phans. :)

Much love!

--RW
Last edited by Rune_Walsh on Thu Jan 28, '10, 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Re: Rune x Alys piece done...

Postby Srijita » Wed Aug 12, '09, 9:12 am

Honey! I'm so glad you stopped by to share this wonderful work. :happy_marle: The detail that has gone into it is amazing: I love Alys's slightly dishevelled hair, and the way Rune's cape is wrapping around her legs in the breeze. The sky and light effects make it almost dream-like. The whole thing, with its beautiful colours, takes my breath away. It always amazes me that you can sketch scenes like this out of your head - so perfectly that you might have had Rune and Alys as models! :wink:
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Darkil » Wed Aug 12, '09, 2:05 pm

Truly and excellent piece of work. I certainly love the detail that has gone into this, especially the ruins in the background and how the wind is lightly kissing these two. Oh and welcome back! You were missed! ::hugs::
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lemina » Wed Aug 12, '09, 3:56 pm

Wow! That looks amazing! The coloring is absolutely stunning--it made your already awesome sketch even better! Great job!

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Aug 12, '09, 9:31 pm

wow! Awesome work RW! This is honestly one of the better fan art I've seen of this game. Keep up the amazing work!

Welcome back! You know, yo never really told us why you left. It always puzzled me. I'm sure you had your reasons though and I'll just leave it at that. Hope you stick around.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Aug 12, '09, 10:52 pm

*Glomps R_W.* Okay, that's out of the way.

Shading is beautiful, and the details are great...the slightly ruffled look to Alys' hair, the butterfly in the front, Rune's robes as Sri pointed out, the sun in the back and its light shining on them...all wonderful. Well done! :proposetoast:
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lamanai » Sun Aug 16, '09, 1:23 am

*stares*

... LOVE!

Particularly the background- the characters meld with it so nicely! (And the butterfly in the foreground is awesome!)
Lamanai
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Postby Rune_Walsh » Tue Aug 18, '09, 10:06 pm

Srijita wrote:Honey! I'm so glad you stopped by to share this wonderful work. :happy_marle: The detail that has gone into it is amazing: I love Alys's slightly dishevelled hair, and the way Rune's cape is wrapping around her legs in the breeze. The sky and light effects make it almost dream-like. The whole thing, with its beautiful colours, takes my breath away. It always amazes me that you can sketch scenes like this out of your head - so perfectly that you might have had Rune and Alys as models! :wink:

Hon, your comments, as well as the ones you left me on DA, are just way too generous! But it means a lot that you liked this piece. Once again, it was your fanfiction that inspired me. ^^

Darkil wrote:Truly and excellent piece of work. I certainly love the detail that has gone into this, especially the ruins in the background and how the wind is lightly kissing these two. Oh and welcome back! You were missed! ::hugs::

Aw, kiddo! ::hugs:: The ruins were especially fun to draw; I had to turn the game on to get an idea of how the homes were shaped in Motavia. Thanks for saying such things. You're a sweet one, my friend. ^^

Lemina wrote:Wow! That looks amazing! The coloring is absolutely stunning--it made your already awesome sketch even better! Great job!

Thanks so much, my dear. *smiles* That means a lot to hear. ^^ Thank you, thank you!

Atlinsmere wrote:wow! Awesome work RW! This is honestly one of the better fan art I've seen of this game. Keep up the amazing work!

Welcome back! You know, yo never really told us why you left. It always puzzled me. I'm sure you had your reasons though and I'll just leave it at that. Hope you stick around.

Atlin, that is probably one of the greatest compliments I've ever received! Thank you. ^^
I never really "left", but more so needed a break from the site... getting married, moving, my dad's stroke, etc. caused me a lot of stress. I was a bit overly sensitive. So, I became especially irritated at the drama that happened around here. I'm over it now, though, and rest assured that everyone was missed. Hakuna Matata. ^^

P.S. Love your L Lawliet avatar. Huge DN fan here. ^^

Caged Wolf wrote:*Glomps R_W.* Okay, that's out of the way.

Shading is beautiful, and the details are great...the slightly ruffled look to Alys' hair, the butterfly in the front, Rune's robes as Sri pointed out, the sun in the back and its light shining on them...all wonderful. Well done! :proposetoast:

Heya, thanks, CW! Means so much to hear. Alys x Rune FTW! ^^

Lamanai wrote:*stares*

... LOVE!

Particularly the background- the characters meld with it so nicely! (And the butterfly in the foreground is awesome!)

Aw, thanks, hon! I remembered your advice about the butterfly. I also have the non-butterfly version, if anyone would like to see it that way. But butterflies are so... Krup (Termi, too, but especially Krup). ^^

*Sorry for the loooooooooooooooooong reply, everyone* ^^
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Lemina » Tue Aug 18, '09, 11:24 pm

Rune_Walsh wrote:I never really "left", but more so needed a break from the site... getting married, moving, my dad's stroke, etc. caused me a lot of stress. I was a bit overly sensitive. So, I became especially irritated at the drama that happened around here. I'm over it now, though, and rest assured that everyone was missed. Hakuna Matata. ^^

Yeoww! That's a lot of stress! I'm glad that you're okay now. Has everything worked out?

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Tsunami » Sat Oct 24, '09, 8:20 pm

Wow, this is really good! I love all the detail you put into this, the drawing/coloring especially~ It's very pretty. ^^ Someday I need to get back into drawing/doodling (and tons of practice is in order).

Seeing artwork like this really inspires me. ^_^
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Next

Return to Artwork