Some lovely wallpapers for all the fans....^^

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Some lovely wallpapers for all the fans....^^

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Oct 26, '09, 12:13 pm

I decided to make a couple of wallpapers for my upcoming fan-game that can be used as desktop backgrounds. I was inspired by the Fire Emblem 7 official artwork imagery. Here are Alys and Rune for your viewing pleasure. I'll start on Wren today. :)

Large images coming up: 56K warning.^^

Where's RW now? :D
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Re: Some lovely wallpapers for all the fans....^^

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Oct 26, '09, 1:52 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:Where's RW now? :D

Got me. Maybe she'll pop up when her nose catches a whiff of new Rune image. :wink:

These are very cool, Lyla, but I'm afraid they won't be replacing my Ness wallpaper. :p
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Darkil » Mon Oct 26, '09, 2:57 pm

Very awesome Lyla! Please tell me you have a Zio image in there somewhere... :)
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Thoul » Mon Oct 26, '09, 3:51 pm

Very nice work! They are a bit too small for me to use as wallpapers, but they look great. I love the Fire Emblem style, that makes for a great background. If you'd like you could submit them to the Wallpapers download section.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Oct 26, '09, 4:04 pm

@Darkil: I haven't done Zio yet, but seeing as he is such a uber-cool bad guy, I'll do one of him as well. He was a good villian. 8)

@Thoul: I can make larger images as well, seeing as the drawings are all hi-res images. Do you think you could move the wallpapers to the Wallpaper section for me,please? :) What's your screen resolution?

@CW: I know you're a die-hard Earthbound fan, so naturally the wallpapers won't replace your Earthbound images. :D

Btw, here's my desktop with Alys as my wallpaper. Very messy,I know. Gotta clean it up. :D

Another huge image coming up... :(
Sorry,Thoul. :mrgreen:

Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Tue Oct 27, '09, 9:31 pm

I run a resolution of 1680 x 1050. So, it's really big. If I held a postcard up to the screen, it would be about the same size as the wallpapers you posted up there. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tweeg » Wed Oct 28, '09, 2:19 am

Nice backgrounds. All my desktops are running at 1280x1024 though.

And, sorry to be off-topic, but I'm extremely curious as to why you have Adobe Reader versions seven, eight, and nine on your system.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Oct 28, '09, 3:20 pm

Ah...about those Adobe Readers...hehe, my bad. Versions 8 and 9 don't work for some reason because I have to have some sort of Adobe software like Photoshop or Illustrator open before I can use it... :? So I use version 7.
Told you guys my desktop was a mess... :lol: Don't know half the stuff I have on it...

Anyway, I made a larger wallpaper here. This one should fit your desktop quite nicely, Thoul. :D It's too large to post here, so I'll just put in a link. That resolution is for a widescreen monitor, isn't it, Thoul?

http://omploader.org/vMm42OQ/alys%20big.png

And here's a screencap. Boy, this image is HUGE. :o

@Tweeg. I can make a wallpaper to fit your desktop, though, seeing as all the images I use are all hi-res. :) Gigantic, in fact. 1700x2338 pixels.

Taking requests for all PS characters. :D I need to take a break from my fan-game. I won't do certain characters though. :grumpy: I don't have the 'feel' for them, if you know what I mean... :eyebrow:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Lyla2284 » Fri Oct 30, '09, 4:10 pm

And here's Wren! :D Took me the longest to colour this super-cool android.8) The reference image is taken from the Phantasy Star Compendium.

These images will appear in my fan-game as well, in the status and equipment windows.

The faded image in the background is the actual size of the drawing. So I can make very large-scale wallpapers indeed.

Next wallpaper: Everyone's favourite villain... Zio! I'm gonna have a ball with him. :D
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Fri Oct 30, '09, 9:02 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:Anyway, I made a larger wallpaper here. This one should fit your desktop quite nicely, Thoul. :D It's too large to post here, so I'll just put in a link. That resolution is for a widescreen monitor, isn't it, Thoul?

Yeah, it's widescreen. The last time I needed a new monitor, I decided to get widescreen to have more room on the desktop for different windows. It's useful when you have to keep an eye on two or three things at once. Thanks for the bigger version! :D
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Artwork