Some Chaz fan service!

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Some Chaz fan service!

Some Chaz fan service!

View Gallery Page

Some Chaz fan service!

Postby Xander » Fri Aug 6, '10, 4:24 pm

Well my new grey pencils arrived so I got around to colouring my Chaz piece at last. The only snag being that the scanning process has flushed the grey so bad that it's mostly faded into white. :fiery: I'll maybe try taking a picture with the camera later and see how it goes. Until then you'll make do with this one. :p

I have a more original piece planned for the future but I'm in a tossup over whether to do some other stuff first or not.

Anyhoo, enjoy this and it's gradient background that seems to have become popular among my stuff. :D
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Re: Some Chaz fan service!

Postby Solar » Fri Aug 6, '10, 4:42 pm

This is one of your best fanarts I've seen. The shape, the colors, even the look on his face - you've got it all perfect. Great work.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Tanith » Fri Aug 6, '10, 5:21 pm

Wow, excellent! I agree with Solar; this is one of your best pieces. Chaz looks pretty fierce here.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby H-Man » Fri Aug 6, '10, 5:27 pm

I have to agree with the others. This certainly is one of your best fan-arts. The colors work a lot better here than in the others. Tally Ho!
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Aug 6, '10, 5:37 pm

Wow, this one is absolutely excellent Xander! :clap:

The colors are very vibrant and everything is perfect. I like his facial features also. He does indeed look like a protector. I think this one is my absolute favorite so far. :)
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Fri Aug 6, '10, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Fri Aug 6, '10, 5:58 pm

I always hated that this pose never appears in the final version of PSIV. It's just such a perfect pose for a game's hero. The fierce expression really helps, too. Another awesome work, Xander! :D
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Aug 6, '10, 6:04 pm

Oooo...well done, Xander. The only criticism I can make is the color, which you explained with the printer flushing it out so that's not even your faul (too bad about the scanner, really!) The pose makes him look much older and more heroic too. Awesome!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lyla2284 » Fri Aug 6, '10, 9:33 pm

Wow, Xan. You really are improving at an astounding rate. Yep, have to agree with everyone here. This is your best fan-art by far. The only criticism I can give here is that Shorty's foot is a bit small in the foreground and that his left leg tapers to much. His foot needs to be exaggerated a bit.

But other than that, well done. The Compendium really seems to be helping you a lot. :D
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Xander » Fri Aug 6, '10, 10:50 pm

Gosh this filled up quickly! :o Thanks for the feedback guys.

Lyla, unfortunately I ran out of space. The drawing takes up a whole A4 page and I was working my way down as I drew and was a bit miffed when I saw what happened. :D Good thing I've signed up for those classes. I'll hopefully learn how to draw people properly, rather than one bit at a time like I do now, compendium image or original drawing.

Anyway, now I have a few more done I have some references for scaling things down to prevent this happening again. :p Thanks for the words folks.

Also: Woot! My sister just gave me a year of premium membership on DeviantART. :D
Last edited by Xander on Fri Aug 6, '10, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Return to Artwork