Ever been attacked?

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

Ever been attacked?

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 16, '08, 9:34 pm

While pets and animals often make great companions, there are sometimes those that don't. Have you ever been attacked by an animal?

When I was very little, I was bit by a visitor's dog. I've been nervous around large dogs ever since.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Dec 16, '08, 11:08 pm

Once while walking around the forest trails on campus, trails on which many people walk their dogs, someone's small dogs actually came up and started barking at me for no apparent reason. They didn't attack me, but I was a little unnerved. What bothers me is that owner, who I could see, didn't do a lot to call her dogs back.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Wed Dec 17, '08, 1:12 am

I got bitten my old neighbours dog one day they invited me over and for no reason the dog run up bit just above my ankle. The dog had seen me many times before too it just got real defensive when I went into my neighbours yard I guess. Even though my neighbour was there with me.

Another time I went fishing with my uncle and Dad and we caught a few mud crabs, and yes mud crabs get very big claws. Anways I had my foot down on the ground of the boat and as the crab pot was being pulled in one of the crabs fell out and nearly sniped my toes off. Luckliy I moved my foot in time. Cause that would have been one painfull mess.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Dec 17, '08, 3:28 am

Well, when I was younger I used to have to walk home from school every day and a family who lived a couple of streets away from my home had a small little dog who used to bark and chase me almost every day. He was a mean little booger. He chased everybody. He never actually got close enough to bite me (cause I ran like heck if I had to) but he scared me nonetheless. I guess that's one reason I am not too fond of some dogs.

Other than that, I can't think of anything. I've been bit by scorpions a few times and that hurts like heck for a little while, but they were just ordinary scorpions and not the deadly kind.

Oh yeah, I have had a few occassional scratch attacks from cats that just were not in the mood to be friendly at that particular moment in time.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Wed Feb 4, '09, 2:05 pm

As a small child, I've been bitten twice on the face by two different dogs (both belonging to different neighbors). I have a scar on my face (it's faded now), but I've been told two different stories as to how I got it though I believe that the dog bite had left some mark.

Also, we used to have a dog that was part German Shepard. He'd get carried away and jump on me, knocking me over every time he saw me. I understand that he got excited, but back then he scared me. We also had a neighbor that had a large dog which jumped on me, too.

Needless to say, I feel unnerved by large dogs due to these incidents.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Darkil » Tue Feb 24, '09, 1:28 am

I've been harrassed by a Doberman before and I had to cry and beg to be let out of the yard, of course I was about 7 at the time so it was very scary. There were a few other dogs that used to "play" by chasing me when I would walk home from school, of course I got my revenge by running at them and chasing them away on the last day of school. What a great way to start the summer :)
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Return to Amazing Animals