So what happens to Thea?

Explore the Alisa III as it travels the stars.

Re: So what happens to Thea?

Postby hugues » Sun Nov 11, '07, 1:52 am

Tsunami wrote:There are resemblances between the Kara in Nial's path and Thea, yes. They both have Heal techs and level quickly; though differ since Kara doesn't have Melee techs though has Order techs and ends up being a better tech user. :p

I do believe that Thea is Kara's mother in Nial's time. However, it can't really be comfirmed in the game itself since there is no mention made of Kara's mother [...]

I've always been a believer in the "Thea is 'Princess' Kara's mother" theory. The resemblance is too great to ignore. The timelines are little tricky since Nial's quest begins 3 years after Ayn's quest (on the assumption that Nial and Ayn are born at the same time). In that time was Lune able to get access to Draconia? Somehow I don't buy him rescuing a captured princess after being defeated. Then again if he was powerful enough to save Thea, saving Alair seems almost trivial. So I guess it would make sense for him to find out about and rescue Thea after being defeated by Nial (and re-examining his priorities).

Poor Lyle, I assume he died in the Nial timeline, probably on a failed rescue attempt :cry: In all the third generations Cille and Shusoran are abandoned so we know Siren sacked them either way.

Tsunami wrote:The way I look at it, and Thoul had a good idea too, is perhaps Thea was 'bait,' if you will. Her abduction could've been linked with Siren trying to force Layans out of hiding so he could finish them off. Although, I think the Twins' Ruby idea is very plausible, too, since Siren may have planned on gaining more Orakian supporters in Landen.

Capturing Thea is also a way to lure Lyle and Rhys, along with their gems, out to Draconia. Better yet, someone more inexperienced carrying both. Keeping Thea alive would have been a logical way to collect the keys to the other passages.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Snorb » Sun Nov 11, '07, 3:41 am

And while we're on the alternate family tree line of thought, maybe Maia winds up being Thea's mother on the Nial path!

*You never meet Thea's mother in either path, and Maia disappears in the second generation on Nial's path.
*Lyle and Maia are cousins, and royalty does indeed interbreed. (Besides, Shushoran and Cille are really close enough on Aquatica to make this relationship work!)
*Lyle has green hair, and Thea's face looks a bit like Maia's. Not too unreasonable to think Lyle and Maia are Thea's parents.
*Thea gets captured, Ryan rescues her and brings her to Lune, Lune marries Thea.
*Thea winds up being Kara's mother, dies in childbirth, we never meet Kara's mother.
*I have a headache wrapping my mind around all this and play Phantasy Star II instead.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Tsunami » Sun Nov 11, '07, 4:03 am

It's been awhile since I've given any of this much thought. :D

hugues wrote:I've always been a believer in the "Thea is 'Princess' Kara's mother" theory. The resemblance is too great to ignore. The timelines are little tricky since Nial's quest begins 3 years after Ayn's quest (on the assumption that Nial and Ayn are born at the same time).
This is one reason why I dislike the consistancies with the English and Japanese versions. They made Ayn younger when translating it since Thea's 15 and Ayn was 18, and perhaps they thought the age difference was evil (the age difference between Lune and Thea is like, 9 years? :o). But, we never do learn Thea's age in the game, so it doesn't matter that much and only causes more confusion later on. :roll:

In that time was Lune able to get access to Draconia? Somehow I don't buy him rescuing a captured princess after being defeated. Then again if he was powerful enough to save Thea, saving Alair seems almost trivial. So I guess it would make sense for him to find out about and rescue Thea after being defeated by Nial (and re-examining his priorities).
The way I look at it, Lune didn't want any harm to come to Alair. Any wrong moves, and who knows what would've happened to her? Perhaps he handled the situation differently, rather than jumping head-first into a rescue attempt. Also, he didn't attack anyone else while she was being held hostage.

So when it comes to saving Thea, he didn't have as much on the line. However, when it comes to who saved Thea, I still think that it was Ryan, not Lune.

Poor Lyle, I assume he died in the Nial timeline, probably on a failed rescue attempt :cry: In all the third generations Cille and Shusoran are abandoned so we know Siren sacked them either way.
I had the feeling that the Layans of Aquatica were all killed. If any survived, there probably weren't many...

Capturing Thea is also a way to lure Lyle and Rhys, along with their gems, out to Draconia. Better yet, someone more inexperienced carrying both. Keeping Thea alive would have been a logical way to collect the keys to the other passages.
Rhys didn't get any word of what happened, though. I somehow doubt that any Layan messengers could've gotten through to him, since no mention of the attacks are made in Nial's time. :( But that is a great idea about getting ahold of Lyle's gems.

Snorb wrote:And while we're on the alternate family tree line of thought, maybe Maia winds up being Thea's mother on the Nial path!
Honestly, I've always thought that! :D I mean, why would Lyle be so bent on finding Maia if there wasn't any love behind it?

*You never meet Thea's mother in either path, and Maia disappears in the second generation on Nial's path.
*Lyle and Maia are cousins, and royalty does indeed interbreed. (Besides, Shushoran and Cille are really close enough on Aquatica to make this relationship work!)
*Lyle has green hair, and Thea's face looks a bit like Maia's. Not too unreasonable to think Lyle and Maia are Thea's parents.
Also, if you compare Kara's portrait with Maia's, there's a strong resemblance there as well.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Nov 11, '07, 6:08 am

lol, thea, just sort of drifts off, never to be seen again, Maybe she went and flew away on a spaceship! To go start PSV! Or make a special appearence in 4!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Snorb » Sun Nov 11, '07, 12:11 pm

One more bit of proof that Lyle probably boinked Maia and made Thea:

Thea has Melee and Heal Techs available to her. Lyle has Melee Techs, and Maia, according to a townsperson in the Japanese version, has Heal Techs. (The line of dialogue is "I saw Marlena the amnesiac bring a dead plant back to life just by touching it!") She also presumably has Time Techs, because if she winds up marrying Rhys, Ayn has Heal and Time Techs.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby hugues » Sun Nov 11, '07, 3:48 pm

Tsunami wrote:Rhys didn't get any word of what happened, though. I somehow doubt that any Layan messengers could've gotten through to him, since no mention of the attacks are made in Nial's time. :( But that is a great idea about getting ahold of Lyle's gems.

Oh, I meant that in reference to Ayn's timeline only. I was kinda bummed that Rhys and Lyle apparently didn't stay in touch in the Nial timeline. If Rhys knew Lyle's kingdom was under attack you'd like to think he would have helped. You can only conclude that they never spoke after Rhys returned to Landen.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Heikabuchi » Sun Nov 11, '07, 6:03 pm

If you go back to Landen during the third generation, you'll find Thea ruling over the castle.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 13, '07, 4:08 am

I'm not entirely sure that Lune even knew Alair had been captured. Alair said she had come to Divisia to make peace, right? If so, I can't see Lune having been the one to send her on such a mission. I think Alair took the initiative there and it backfired on her. Lune might not have even known she was gone until she got back.

hugues wrote:Oh, I meant that in reference to Ayn's timeline only. I was kinda bummed that Rhys and Lyle apparently didn't stay in touch in the Nial timeline. If Rhys knew Lyle's kingdom was under attack you'd like to think he would have helped. You can only conclude that they never spoke after Rhys returned to Landen.

I never liked that, either. Lyle and Rhys seemed to get along great, so I would have thought they would stay friends even if Rhys chose Lena. I was disappointed that Lyle was completely left out of Nial's timeline.

Snorb wrote:*Lyle has green hair, and Thea's face looks a bit like Maia's. Not too unreasonable to think Lyle and Maia are Thea's parents.

I think I've seen a similar reasoning put forth before, but honestly I don't understand this. We see Thea's face only in the timeline where Maia marries Rhys (and is therefore not Thea's mother), so I don't see how a resemblance between Maia and Thea is relevant. Aside from the fact that Maia and Lyle/Thea are cousins and might have a resemblance anyway.

Heikabuchi wrote:If you go back to Landen during the third generation, you'll find Thea ruling over the castle.

I think you mean Sari? She rules Landen in Sean's third generation branch, but Thea never ruled Landen. All these names get confusing sometimes, even to me. :dizzy:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Tue Nov 13, '07, 8:17 am

Thoul wrote:I'm not entirely sure that Lune even knew Alair had been captured. Alair said she had come to Divisia to make peace, right? If so, I can't see Lune having been the one to send her on such a mission. I think Alair took the initiative there and it backfired on her. Lune might not have even known she was gone until she got back.
Actually, according to the game's text, she was abducted shortly after awakening.

Alair:
I'm Alair, Lune's sister. I also have been frozen in a
cryogenics pod for 1,000 years. When I woke up, I was
kidnapped by Orakians. Of course, that made my brother
more furious. Yes, we were the ones who destroyed Satera.
But we're not behind the recent monster attacks. We hope
you can forgive us for our past errors.

I don't think she'd willingly go to Divisia to make peace when there was no conflict to begin with, though I'm sure that word of Lune and Alair returning after 1,000 years was enough to spread fear throughout Divisia.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 13, '07, 7:30 pm

Ok, double checking the text I find:
Alair:
Thank you for freeing me, Prince Nial. My brother Lune
needs to be stopped--he's crazy! I guess 1,000 years of
exile has warped him. All he wants is to kill Orakians
and cyborgs! I'm going back to try to convince him to
stop.

So, to me it sounds like Lune was starting a conflict regardless. Alair was going off to try to get him to make peace (not Divisia, so I got that reversed).

Though really, I don't see how Divisia could have possibly kidnapped her unless she was in their area to start with. They didn't have the guts to stage an attack on the moon.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star III