So, if Wren built Demi...

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

So, if Wren built Demi...

Postby Thoul » Wed Jan 23, '08, 11:58 pm

As a spin off of the Wren/Demi relationship thread, here's another aspect of their relationship that official sources only barely touched on. Just why did Wren build Demi, anyway? Was he lonely, did he need a second pair of hands for system repairs, or was there another reason?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jan 24, '08, 12:56 am

Another thing I wish had been touched on more. :(

I kind of doubt Wren building Demi had anything to do with running Nurvus and Motavia's climate, at least in the beginning. There's two reasons...if that was her sole purpose, what was the point of giving her such a human personality and the ability to heal humans? I figured maybe there was something else happening on Motavia around the time Demi was created, and she needed those two things for it. I do think loneliness may have had something to do with it...I think even Wren would get lonely after 700 years on a satellite (assuming he's been on Zelan his whole life.)

Thoul, we might just want a whole topic for discussing Demi's backstory in general.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby newsblade » Thu Jan 24, '08, 1:24 am

Well, this is just the thread that can expand our imagination. Let me expand mine:

Wren could just create a bunch of robots that could handle those functions (like handling the climate of Algol, report abnormal activities or hack systems from inside). But instead he created a brand-new "android”, witch could walk, talk, help people (and maybe feel). He created Demi witch has sympathy, is always happy, cute and, more than that... he created a "protector of algol"! (This is only to justify why I think he didn’t create a she-robot just for work.)

It's the first time an android(?) creates another one like him (they are at the same level, she not a inferior version like those 286 and 386), just like humans do. But... why? Only he knows.

[Well, we can always speculate, can't we?]:

I always thought that PS2 ending was in 1286AW since there's that graphic thing (PS2 ingame) indicates the last year statistic (as 1285AW) and because in 2284AW (PS4) Forren has "only" 998yrs. And I always imagined, if in one day a PS2 anime was made that the final ending (1286AW) would be people from motavia (or "pirates","rebels", etc.) running into Zelan in despair trying to stabilize their living planet from there... witch they couldn't (not only because it was difficult to understand the commands, but also because earthman appeared to stop them, and start to eradicate algolian "rebels") > a similar thing that happened to Rolf in his spaceship when he was ten (except there were no earthman attacking him and his family I think).

So, in Zelan there was an android (Forren) waiting for its activation, like if he was some sort of 2nd way to help algol in case that mother brain and/or other systems went malfunction (a backup strategy). Wile being exterminated by earthman some of algo ppl (or they screams of death) somehow activated Forren -> this is my explanation for its 998years, because I don't believe an android like him could have been made during the period of mother brain's rules.
and he immediate stand up (from a chair?), picked up his gun and started to defend the parm people from earthman who started to that annihilate them – Here Wren was just doing the same job as Rolf's party who were in Noah spaceship at that time.

[Ok, now for the Demi part.]
During that massacre, before they could “wake up” Forren, there was a “girl”/"teenager" witch died in that extermination (it was the first image Forren saw when got activated… and he weren't able to save her [he didn't forgot the pain his father had with her in her harms / ok, we could scrap this father part] – that’s when he started to kick butt earthman

After this "fanfiction-ending episode" he started to create an “android” just like him… but with a shape of that death girl. When he finished Demi’s face was just like that girl he couldn't save... but somehow he felt like this would “revive” her (Here life seems to be very important to Wren) - he gave her the “power” to heal people (witch is the opposite of dead).

--- end of fan fiction ----
In any case, or whatever the real story was I think the creation of a being (an equal being) it's only possible to someone who has feelings. The monsters or even robots are good weapons for destruction... they can destruct but they cannot create new/equally intelligent life and someone who enable convivial.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Celeith » Thu Jan 24, '08, 1:41 am

*beats newsblade up* thats just a extended thing of what i just said.. anyways, Demi is probably the 2nd most loved character in PSIV right behind Alys. Least she's 2nd on the top 5 of my list.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Jan 24, '08, 5:18 am

I must have a thing for slashers, cuz my second favorite is Kyra.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby newsblade » Thu Jan 24, '08, 9:51 am

Kaloes wrote:*beats newsblade up* thats just a extended thing of what i just said.. anyways, Demi is probably the 2nd most loved character in PSIV right behind Alys. Least she's 2nd on the top 5 of my list.

Ooops... I've only read it now. but the good news is that convergence point -> that Demi was a girl and Wren saved her (by turned her into an android (Kaloes post) or by creating one from the root based on her.

Don't know why but I always thought that she originally had brown hair (or at least blond)... but the fact is that her clothes are an "android" version of espers (like Kyra's) and even more similar to esper-doctors from the clinic at Meese who also have green hair and can cure.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby newsblade » Thu Jan 24, '08, 1:45 pm

Just to support the last idea I placed Kyra near Demi and could see that there’s a color inversion (white instead of golden/yellow and golden/yellow instead of white… well, more or less) - there are some similar characteristics with slight modifications (her cape’s support).
I also found a picture of A. Sage (is she an esper/sage or something? Where did she come from? I have to see that…) witch shows that she also wears a yellow suite (with a cape) and is performing a cure in a similar way that Demi have done when was released from Zio. My suggestion is that maybe all of them are have Esper origins. [I hope I’m not missing any detail that could contradict this]

So even if there’s no relation at all we can assume that both androids were based from the “first” 2 PS2 characters: Demi as an (android) update from A. Sage (PS2) and Wren (Forren) from Rudo (and also from Searen (PS3).

Maybe Demi’s skills to cure people came from there…
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Celeith » Thu Jan 24, '08, 4:47 pm

PSIII Wren was always cool, but in the same way was weird. Wren was slim so he could move alot quicker than PSIV Wren, but his slim looks made him look more feminine.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 24, '08, 9:06 pm

newsblade wrote:I also found a picture of A. Sage (is she an esper/sage or something? Where did she come from? I have to see that…)

She's a doctor from Motavia. She went to medical school there. In that picture, she's probably using a healing technique. I never noticed the similarity between that and Demi's healing before, but that's a very nice catch. Maybe Demi's Medical Power is meant to simulate the technique.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Phantasy Star IV