Snooooooooooooooow!

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Snooooooooooooooow!

Postby augmentedfourth » Fri Feb 8, '13, 8:55 pm

Who's snowed in? Who got a surprise 3-day weekend? Who's hoping the weight of the snow won't knock out the power lines because, quite frankly, we had enough of that with the hurricane? Who thinks naming the storm "Nemo" was sort of dumb?

(Me, I generally like the snow, unless it interferes with my plans. It does look pretty, and it sort of has a mystical, peaceful quality to it.)
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Re: Snooooooooooooooow!

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Feb 8, '13, 9:07 pm

Well, I have a blizzard warning, and I'm hunkered down at my boyfriend's brothers place. It's windy and snowing. I had to go to work this morning, but got released at noon. Governor Patrick ordered a travel ban that went into effect 5 minutes ago (as of this writing) and Massachusetts is under a state of emergency. Hashtags on twitter about this included 'Nemopocalypse.'

Stay safe, anyone in the path of this thing!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Fri Feb 8, '13, 9:40 pm

Good luck to all the persons who are under this Blizzard warning ! :( :grouphug:
AUGMENTEDFOURTH : Same for me ! I love the snow, for me it's a beautiful gift but I don't like if it interefers with my plans :fiery:
But where I'm living, there isn't really much snow ! (only one day this winter and very few...) : that is a luck as when it's rare, it's most beautiful each time :)
Last edited by myau56 on Sat Feb 9, '13, 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Bragatyr » Sat Feb 9, '13, 3:49 am

I definitely hope everyone stays safe. I can't even imagine being snowed in, because where I live snow is a sort of mythical property, like aether.

I actually think Nemo is kind of a cool name for the storm, for some reason.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Feb 9, '13, 7:01 am

Hope everyone stays safe during this snow storm and enjoys the snow. Don't forget to make the snow ice cream if you can....it is delicious!!! Keep warm and cozy folks. Let us know how you are all doing when you are able to check in with us!! We'll be thinking of you. :snowman:
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Feb 9, '13, 3:38 pm

I've survived! I hunkered down with my boyfriend and his brother at the latter's apartment in Waltham. Our power remains on, which is sure lucky, as it seems a lot of Boston/surrounding suburbs are without. But Governor Patrick's travel ban remains in effect, and the MBTA will have no service today. I may post pictures later.

I don't have a clue about how things are at my own apartment in Cambridge, though.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby augmentedfourth » Sat Feb 9, '13, 6:18 pm

I was wondering if you lost power, Wolf Bird - our family in Rhode Island was out for a while (and there was no travel ban in RI, they still went to work yesterday). I also didn't know you were in Cambridge! One of my good friends from high school lives there, though I haven't seen her new place yet. My best friend's sister goes to Harvard, so we were up there last fall to visit her.

The snow's at least knee-deep around here, but we're all shoveled/snow blow-ed out. We were thinking of going out to eat tonight, but we'll just work with what we have in the house and wait until tomorrow to go out since some of the roads still aren't terrific.

(This is all making me feel a little silly, as I went to college in upstate NY, where it snowed all the time, and people just worked around it. Otherwise, we would have been stuck inside from about October to April.)
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Feb 10, '13, 3:54 am

Well, I take classes at Harvard too, at the Extension School. ;) But that's quite cool! Still hunkered in Waltham. We wanted to go home, but the roads are WAY too treacherous; Gov. Patrick lifted the travel ban, but he's still urging people to stay indoors if travel isn't absolutely necessary. I took a lot of pictures of the neighborhood, and uploaded them to imageshack. You can see them all if you like. I'll let the pictures speak for the snow around here.

Wolf Bird

Postby myau56 » Sun Feb 10, '13, 9:56 am

WOLF BIRD : The nemopocalypse's photos that you have posted are great ! Thanks ! But they are also a bit scary ! :( That's really impressive...and that is beautiful too !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Feb 10, '13, 8:19 pm

Well I'm now back at my apartment in Cambridge. I did take pictures of my neighborhood, and they have been uploaded to the album link I posted. Go check them out!

Wolf Bird

Next

Return to Casual Conversation