Smallville

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Re: Smallville

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon May 24, '10, 8:10 pm

Some "Smallville" related news:

"Smallville" creators / former Executive Producers are joing the ABC "Charlie's Angels" redo:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Smallville- ... 18877.aspx

And, "Smallville" writers join the new ABC program "No Ordinary Family" starring actor Michael Chiklis ("The Shield", "Fantastic Four"). :

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Family-Swim ... 18859.aspx

I guess now with "Smallville" ending soon everyone has to look for new jobs and move on to other things, etc.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Fri Jul 2, '10, 5:59 am

According to IGN, a long lost cast member is returning for the final season of Smallville. It's Jonathan Kent, played by John Schneider. I'm really looking forward to this person's return to the show. Not only should it make for an interesting story, but seeing how the character reacts to all the changes since their last appearance should be fun.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 22, '10, 11:54 pm

Some more casting news: Teri Hatcher, who played Lois Lane in the last live action Superman series, is coming to Smallville this season. She's going to play the current Lois' mother. She's supposed to show up around eight episodes into the season. Now if only Dean Cain would return for that same episode. :lol:
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/22/ ... -lois-mom/
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Sep 23, '10, 5:29 am

It will be good to see her again. I know she's been a regular on the tv show "Desperate Housewives", but I don't watch that show. Yeah, that would be a dream episode to have her and Dean Cain in the same episode.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Wed Oct 20, '10, 3:17 am

I'm watching the new season online on the CW's site. So far it's been pretty good. I just finished the latest episode, the 200th one. It's nice to see Clark moving toward a more positive attitude finally. I hadn't really noticed before now, but in retrospect he did have a very negative view on most things in the past couple of seasons.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Thoul » Fri Feb 11, '11, 6:23 pm

It seems Michael Rosenbaum, who played Lex Luthor in the series, is not going to return for the series' ending. Given the way the Luthor clone story has been developing and everyone else who has returned, I was hoping to see him in the show again before the end. It's disappointing to think that he won't consider returning to a show where he worked for so many years.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Feb 11, '11, 8:21 pm

Thoul wrote:It seems Michael Rosenbaum, who played Lex Luthor in the series, is not going to return for the series' ending.

Oh no, that stinks!!!! He was actually the reason I became interested in watching "Smallville" in the first place because he was so good in the role of Lex Luthor. He has really been missed since he left the show. I was hoping he would return before the show ended but it doesn't look that way now. Bummer!!! :bang:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Sat Feb 12, '11, 8:54 pm

Well, today there are reports that he is going to return for the final episodes after all. The deal was signed late last night. I wonder if the story about his not returning was a press gimmick to gauge how interested people really were in seeing him return?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tweeg » Sun May 15, '11, 4:34 am

A friend of mine had a recording of the finale and we watched it tonight. Wow, just wow. What an ending to a great series.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Thoul » Sun May 15, '11, 6:06 am

We don't have TV service here any more, so I'm going to watch it online. I'm waiting for it to be posted on the Smallville site, which should happen Tuesday. It's really difficult; I haven't been this eager to see an episode in quite a while.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Tubular Television