GameSpy Multiplayer Shutting Down

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

GameSpy Multiplayer Shutting Down

Postby S4Blade » Fri Apr 4, '14, 4:45 pm

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/03/ ... es-at-risk

From the article: "Hundreds of video games -- including those made by EA, Ubisoft, Gearbox, Nintendo, Konami, Capcom, 5th Cell, Koei, Firaxis, and more -- may be taken offline as Glu's GameSpy multiplayer servers shut down on May 31."

Multiplayer modes for a lot of games are going to be shut down on May 31 including Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption, and GTA 4. Some of the companies are patching in work arounds for different server hosts and Steam integration. I don't play any of the mentioned games online, but it sucks for people that do.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Re: GameSpy Multiplayer Shutting Down

Postby myau56 » Fri Apr 4, '14, 9:15 pm

Same for me here : I'm not playing any of these games but I can understand how players playing those games must be sad about this decision :(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Apr 5, '14, 2:45 am

Oh dang it. I still haven't had the chance to try Red Dead online and I probably won't before this…

Edit: Never mind, seems Rockstar has been transitioning to other servers so Red Dead will be fine. I need to READ articles, not scan them...
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sat Apr 5, '14, 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Sat Apr 5, '14, 9:08 pm

Wolf Bird wrote:Oh dang it. I still haven't had the chance to try Red Dead online and I probably won't before this…

Edit: Never mind, seems Rockstar has been transitioning to other servers so Red Dead will be fine. I need to READ articles, not scan them...

Happy for you Wolf Bird ! I know that this Read Dead Redemption is very important to you so great news :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to In the News