Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Skullgirls
PostPosted: Thu Mar 3, '11, 7:37 am 
An interesting upcoming new fighting game for the PSN and XBL, entitled Skullgirls. Personally I think this one looks more interesting then Arcana Heart 3, another all-girl anime styled fighting game which is also going to be available on PSN soon. Reminds me a little of BlazBlue as well, most likely from the fluid animations.

The characters seem to have monsters for hair, from the gameplay and artwork. Very unusual and interesting. :wink:

http://fightersfury.net/skullgirls-has- ... fficially/

Last edited by Lucas on Thu Mar 3, '11, 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Skullgirls
PostPosted: Fri Mar 4, '11, 12:20 pm 
This one reminds me of Darkstalkers in a way. I suppose it's the monster theme. Having monsters for hair is a little weird, though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, '11, 7:57 am 
A look at some of the combos in this up coming game. I'm quite impressed with the sprite animations during the combos too; and I'm also quite eager to have a go at this little fighter.

Last edited by Lucas on Wed Mar 16, '11, 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 4, '11, 1:12 pm 
New character named Peacock has been added to the line-up.

Here you can check out some of her gameplay.

http://revergelabs.com/2011/06/peacock-in-motion/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, '11, 12:29 pm 
It seems that Skullgirls is now taking a similar approach to revealing single trailers for their fighters. The same way Capcom did for Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, '11, 2:42 am 
I think a lot of fighting games will be emulating the single character trailers in the future. It's a great way to show off the play style and moves of each character.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, '11, 9:33 am 
The two original girls, Filia and Cerebella now have their own individual trailers.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, '11, 12:36 pm 
Update time - new trailers for Skullgirls. Old news the game has also been delayed until 2012. Had a feeling that would happen too. :bang:

I think Ms. Fortune will be my pick for this game, a cat-girl who is a cat-burglar who can comically decapitate her head and use it as a weapon at will. Too good :p Not to mention she seems to have Wolverine’s Berserk Barrage move from the Marvel vs. Capcom games.

Due to some suggestive character imagery, more so than other characters shown here; I have decided not to post the character trailer for Parasoul.

Last edited by Lucas on Fri Nov 11, '11, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, '12, 3:49 am 
Well the final two characters for this game have been revealed (a little while ago now actually). Valentine who is both a ninja/ nurse, she looks rather awesome. Also the boss named Double who starts out as a Nun but then transforms into a rather awkward but more so disturbing design.

I’m rather keen for this game even if the roster is small at the moment. I'm a really big fan of the animation and art style too.

Here is Valentine’s trailer:

Here is a link to watch a game play walkthrough of Double and all her moves and combos in depth. (Weird stuff some of ‘em :blank: )

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/scree ... double.htm

Last edited by Lucas on Tue Feb 21, '12, 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, '12, 9:27 am 
Just read an article about it in a french magazine : not very fond of Combat games but seems cool:)

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]