Mile - abandoned or repopulated?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Mile - abandoned or repopulated?

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 5, '07, 5:53 pm

So at the end of Phantasy Star IV, Mile is pretty much a ghost town thanks to the nearby appearance of the Profound Darkness. After the battles are over and peace reigns again, do you think the town would have been repopulated by other people? The buildings seemed to be in perfect shape, so a few families could just move right in.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Nov 5, '07, 6:38 pm

I think that they would clear up the bodies and make it some kind of memorial, to the heroes who rescued them from the giant crater of darkness, which brings up a second point. What happens to the crater? Does it vanish when they destroy the PD?

XD Mile, the item, can be worn as a helmet made of Graphite and sold for 10000000000 MST.
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Mon Nov 5, '07, 9:26 pm

Some of the townsfolk complaned that the town recently became impossible to farm on. Mile was once a prospering farming town, but I guess that was before the apearance of Zios fort that housed a small portal for Dark Force. I think that with a lot of work from Kuran and Zelan, Mile could be repopulated.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 5, '07, 9:35 pm

The quicksand in that area is a recent development too, wasn't it? It was probably created by Zio as well and may have been returned to normal overtime. Mile was right on the edge of it.

which brings up a second point. What happens to the crater? Does it vanish when they destroy the PD?

Also a great question. My feeling is that it would remain, but no longer be spewing out toxic black wave radiation. Demi and Wren would have to fill it in somehow.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 6, '07, 12:19 am

XD, Thats an easy task, filling up an infinite abyss. NOT! lol I'd like to hear their possible solutions, Demi and Wren debating over what to do with the giant abyss situation. Hahaha!
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Tsunami » Tue Nov 6, '07, 2:17 am

I think the dimension itself closed. But the crater? I think it remains as a large pit. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 6, '07, 4:50 am

I guess they could always put a giant structure on it, so its still accessible for their "research"
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Neithird » Tue Nov 6, '07, 6:28 am

I don't think anyone would go to Mile. It would be too contaminated, I'd think. The desert probably ate it.

Wren and Demi could collapse the crater. All they have to do is use the Plate System to cause an earthquake around it.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby newsblade » Wed Mar 12, '08, 7:38 pm

I don't think anyone would go to Mile. It would be too contaminated, I'd think.

The case of Mile is almost the same as Reshel (the city which was latter rebuilt), the difference is that, because of the black wave was a little far (in dezo case), some people from Reshel could run away to Mesee (people of Mile didn't had the time for that). Of course you can say that crops from mile aren't suitable to eat/sell anymore (fact that was no problem for Reshel because they practically live for hunting).

In any case it is interesting that near Mile there was a village called Nalya, almost totally destroyed because of that spaceship that crashed about 3 months before the game. Nalyan citizens said that: «This town may be doomed. It may be a smart idea to relocate as soon as possible to somewhere like Aiedo» and «I have no idea where we would go. It's so hard to leave a place where you've lived for so long».

Well, now they have a solution. What were they complaining for?
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Celeith » Wed Mar 12, '08, 7:57 pm

Sometimes its easier to complain about the situation then act upon the situation when you have a plan such like the people of Nalya did, to me the town of Nalya seemed filled with a bunch of lazy people who had the things they needed for the move but just wouldn't do it. On a side note while having fun with my walk through wall codes in Mile if you bypass the item shop lady and go inside she is still alive and well selling you items.. On the other side of town is a old man slumped over, if you use the code to walk in there you will see 2 people inside, talking to them however will get you a message called enter then the 2 of them will explode into a series of data.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Return to Phantasy Star IV