Silver Tusk vs Guard Claw

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Silver Tusk vs Guard Claw

Postby Fogeltje » Tue Feb 19, '08, 11:32 am

I've read that some weapons have holy powers and do more damage against "dark enemies" (like PD and DF and creatures), like the Psycho Wand, Elsydeon and the Silver Tusk. I witnessed it myself since Rika does more damage against certain types of enemies using a Silver Tusk instead of a Guard Claw but I've never really compared the two (averaging and such). Does equipping Rika with the Silver Tusk and one Guard Claw do more damaged to PD than two Guard Claws?

I never ditched the Silver Tusk for nostalgic reasons anyway. And lately I always keep the Genocyber Claw and the Silver Tusk for Rika, since the Diem effect of the Genocyber Claw is nice as well, I only exchange that for a Guard Claw just before PD.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Celeith » Tue Feb 19, '08, 4:09 pm

during my runthroughs for my Alys party i abused the glitches in the game one time and ran straight towards the end of the game. while using infinite health to test this out with a silver tusk and guard claw on rika can do more damage to the PD at level 1 then Chaz can off it with the Elsydeon at lvl 30.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Fogeltje » Thu Feb 21, '08, 10:34 pm

Interesting, but would Rika do more damage with two Guard Claws?
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Dorrinal » Thu Feb 21, '08, 11:23 pm

Yes, Rika does more damage against PD with Silver Tusk. Since all of the enemies in The Edge are "dark" you might as well throw your Guard Claws away and stick to Silver Tusk and Genocy Claw.
Dorrinal
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Postby Celeith » Fri Feb 22, '08, 12:56 am

Yea but you gotta take strength into consideration.. I'm looking at my save right now. I'm right before the PD and my Chaz is level 37 and Rika is level 1. Chaz has his ultimate gear on as well as Rika with her Silver Tusk and Guard Claw. At level 37 Chaz's strength is 59 with a attack power of 174. Rika at level 1 has 13 strength with 126 attack power and can do 2-3 times as much damage off the profound darkness then chaz can. In short. Chaz sucks, Rika rules and Alys shall never die for she has returned!!!
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Fogeltje » Sat Feb 23, '08, 5:27 pm

Dorrinal wrote:Yes, Rika does more damage against PD with Silver Tusk. Since all of the enemies in The Edge are "dark" you might as well throw your Guard Claws away and stick to Silver Tusk and Genocy Claw.

Not entirely, the Diem effect of the GenocyClaw is useless against PD, so the extra strength and defense a Guard Claw gives, comes in handy.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Return to Phantasy Star IV