Silliest Monster

Explore the Alisa III as it travels the stars.

Silliest Monster

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 8, '07, 5:37 am

A lot of monsters in Phantasy Star III get flak for having "silly" attack animations, like the giants that shake a finger. Out of all the classic games, what enemy do you have the hardest time taking seriously?

For me, it's the giant stone heads in PSIII. They wiggle their ears at you... that's just ridiculous to me. ;)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 8, '07, 6:24 am

I've had two, the wierd fat women that clap their hands revealing their chests were alwasys funny. As well as those girls with their legs straight up to the sky that would bend the higher leg back and forth in a statue pose, completely unmoving despite the speed at which they kick. I thought that the bosses had funny attacks, esp. Sari, who would wiggle just one knife at you, and someone would die.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Thu Nov 8, '07, 6:53 am

I'm sorry, but I love PSIII's silly monsters! :p However, I can't take the Clops seriously since they blurred out the bottom and you can still see what they tried to censor. :o
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 8, '07, 7:14 am

I'd have to say the Catman is the sillest monster. It's CLEARLY a recoloured Cat woman. And you don't have to look too closely to see the * that just scream "I'M NOT A MAN!!" Overall, Phantasy Star III just absolutaly FAILED at making monsters.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Tsunami » Thu Nov 8, '07, 7:42 am

Heikabuchi wrote:I'd have to say the Catman is the sillest monster. It's CLEARLY a recoloured Cat woman. And you don't have to look too closely to see the * that just scream "I'M NOT A MAN!!"
I forgot about that one! PSII did have some odd enemies, now that I think about it.

Overall, Phantasy Star III just absolutaly FAILED at making monsters.
That's not necessarily true, but you are entitled to your opinion. ;) Sure, it had many oddballs and things that were just plain weird, but there's some pretty good ones, too! Besides, the Rappies that appear in PSIV came from PSIII.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 8, '07, 6:36 pm

The cyclops in PS3 looked weird to me. They have that great big stone on their head... that was really out of place compared to the rest of their human body. Poor PS3 could have really used some better attack animations. Oh, a remake of that game would be so nice!
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 8, '07, 6:49 pm

What about those weird little pixies that would step down, and then up again to cast res on everyone. XD
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 8, '07, 11:23 pm

I'm still stuck on the Cat-men.. :bang: Why Phantasy Star III? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 10, '07, 2:03 am

SparkyIII wrote:What about those weird little pixies that would step down, and then up again to cast res on everyone. XD

Oh, I hated the pixies. Always healing the wounds I had worked so hard to inflict!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Nov 10, '07, 8:43 am

I loved getting a slicer character down to chop them all up in one move.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Next

Return to Phantasy Star III