Shushoran and Cille

Explore the Alisa III as it travels the stars.

Shushoran and Cille

Postby Rune_Walsh » Tue Jun 8, '10, 1:03 am

If you choose Nial's path and marry Laya or Alair, thereby choosing Adan/Gwyn or Aron's path, when you return to Aquatica and visit Shushoran, it's like a ghost-town (and actually has "ghost" monsters, interestingly). The sand bar is unavailable to cross to visit Cille. Why do you suppose this is?

Agoe appears to be problem-free and its townsfolk are seemingly cheerful.

What happens to Lyle if Rhys does marry Lena? I wonder if Lyle DOES marry Maia and reside in Cille. I suppose we'll never know for certain, but I'd love to hear any additional speculation and commentary.
Last edited by Rune_Walsh on Tue Jun 8, '10, 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Re: Shushoran and Cille

Postby Tanith » Tue Jun 8, '10, 1:28 am

I think there are some theories out there about either Lyle or Ryan being the one who rescues a girl from the Lensol dungeon. Some people say the woman is Maia and some say it's still Thea. I suppose Lyle and Maia could have Thea as a daughter in the alternate timeline. I'm assuming they still had to evacuate their Layan cities due to Siren invading, but I'm unsure what happened after that or if they made it to Azura. Azura does not exist for some of the end generation heroes. I forget which ones (besides Sean, of course).

My own theory about the sandbar disappearing is that though Wren fixed the climate problems in Aquatica, he overcorrected and there was a climate shift, and the sandbar was eventually completely submerged.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Rune_Walsh » Tue Jun 8, '10, 1:46 am

Interesting perspective. I'ver read about the Ryan/Thea theory, and the possibility that there was a love-triangle between Ryan, Lune, and Thea. *shrugs*

Nonetheless, I find it fascinating to think that if the woman who has been kidnapped is Maia, and taken to Lensol, that it is Lyle -- the known dragon knight -- who rescues her. There is a person who does state in Aquatica (I think it is in Agoe) that, "A long time ago, I met a one-eyed knight named Lyle." This actually does make sense if it happens in the second generation.

Perhaps Lyle went back to the Climate Control system himself and tampered with it, after observing how Wren set it up, in order to prevent Siren and his robots from attacking.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Thoul » Tue Jun 8, '10, 2:07 am

Siren would have still attacked those cities as he did in the Rhys+Maia timeline. That was set into motion well before Rhys chose a wife, so it will happen regardless. Agoe is fine because it's an Orakian town. Siren had no interest in attacking it in either timeline. He was only after his ancient enemies.

As for the dragon rescuing the woman and the sandbar, I think that's Lyle at work. He could have lowered the sandbar to slow Siren's attack. It could be someone else, but we know Lyle was traveling because he's mentioned in Agoe. He's also the only dragon we see, so we're probably meant to think of him as the rescuer of the woman. There is also a mention of a dragon helping someone reach Techna, so Lyle likely helped someone that was searching for Azura.

It would be interesting to check if the sandbar is still present in the quests of Ayn's sons. If it is there, that would support the idea of someone tampering with the weather controls again after Rhys' adventure.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tanith » Tue Jun 8, '10, 3:21 am

Thoul wrote:It would be interesting to check if the sandbar is still present in the quests of Ayn's sons. If it is there, that would support the idea of someone tampering with the weather controls again after Rhys' adventure.
I'm pretty sure the sandbar is gone. I seem to remember taking Crys to the other side of Shusoran once and the sandbar wouldn't appear.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Tsunami » Tue Jun 8, '10, 7:32 pm

In either the english or japanese script, some NPC says they say robots/machines crossing the water. So I dunno if lowering the sandbar would help much unless Cille resided on a high cliff or something. >.>
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Tue Jun 8, '10, 8:06 pm

Yeah, I think some of the robot enemies we see in the game could fly, so dropping the sandbar would have been a delaying tactic at best.

Here's an idea: maybe Siren lowered the sandbar? If we wanted to prevent the Layans from escaping, that would be a good way to do it. Perhaps he used the weather control to move Satellite away from the ship after the Layans moved to the moon, so they couldn't go back and forth between the ship and moon.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Rune_Walsh » Tue Jun 8, '10, 11:40 pm

Thoul wrote: It would be interesting to check if the sandbar is still present in the quests of Ayn's sons. If it is there, that would support the idea of someone tampering with the weather controls again after Rhys' adventure.

I checked while playing Sean's quest. Same, as Tanith says with Crys. Hmm.
But I still think "someone" -- Lyle or Siren, even -- tampered with the controls. How interesting would it be if you could go back to the Climate Control system and fix it again, but I'm sure it's not possible.

Thoul wrote:As for the dragon rescuing the woman and the sandbar, I think that's Lyle at work. He could have lowered the sandbar to slow Siren's attack. It could be someone else, but we know Lyle was traveling because he's mentioned in Agoe. He's also the only dragon we see, so we're probably meant to think of him as the rescuer of the woman. There is also a mention of a dragon helping someone reach Techna, so Lyle likely helped someone that was searching for Azura.

I agree; it's Lyle or Siren. I used to consider the theory that Ryan is also a dragon knight who rescues Thea during the Nial quest, but now I think it is actually Lyle who rescues Maia, or Thea (as their daughter). While it is peculiar as to why Ryan has an eye scratch and conceals it with sunglasses, as you say, it makes better sense considering the townsfolk in Agoe state that Lyle was traveling through as a "one-eyed knight."

So... since Shushoran seems to be obliterated for the most part, I wonder if Cille is as well, or the townspeople have isolated themselves for protection.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Tanith » Thu Jun 10, '10, 1:38 am

Rune_Walsh wrote:So... since Shushoran seems to be obliterated for the most part, I wonder if Cille is as well, or the townspeople have isolated themselves for protection.
I've always believed in my own head that the Layans of Aquatica did the same thing in Nial's quest that they did in Ayn's; we just don't get to see it. So, the people of Cille and Shusoran evacuate to the western cave in Aridia and have plans to find Azura no matter which son of Rhys you're playing.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby SirJason » Thu Jun 10, '10, 11:56 am

On a somewhat related note (since he was mentioned) . . .

What is the fate of Ryan after you complete Nial's quest?
SirJason
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 16

Next

Return to Phantasy Star III