When do you take your Christmas Tree down?

Celebrating all those special times in each year.

When do you take your Christmas Tree down?

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 13, '07, 11:46 pm

If you put up a Christmas tree each year, when do you usually take it down? Some people leave them up for a while, but others pack up the decorations as soon as possible. What do you do?

My family usually leaves the tree up through New Year's, taking it down New Year's Day or shortly thereafter.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Dec 14, '07, 4:29 am

Sometimes we take it down right after Christmas but most years we leave it up until after New Years's Day. It is supposed to be bad luck to take it down before the new year, I heard, if you believe in that type of stuff.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Dec 14, '07, 6:39 pm

XDDDD We've had our tree so long that it dies, we usually put it up right before the ornaments start falling off. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Neithird » Fri Dec 14, '07, 7:20 pm

We leave it up until we get tired of it, then we box it up and take it down. We might actually just throw it away this year (fake tree) and get a new one during the after Christmas sales.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Rudo » Fri Dec 14, '07, 9:05 pm

Take it down the day after Christmas. When Christmas is over, there is no need for a tree. :bored:
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Dec 24, '07, 4:16 am

I always feel sad taking down a tree. It's like disassembling a thing of beauty. :cry:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Dec 24, '07, 7:11 am

Ya, Like the Noel movie, when the ornament loses all her friends and still keeps a smile on. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 25, '07, 12:40 am

Wow, I forgot all about that movie. I haven't seen it in years.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Dec 25, '07, 3:40 am

We got the redone version, with better colors and sound. My little brother likes christmas movies to turn on like music, so he can leave and it'll just run again, and again and......XD

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Re: When do you take your Christmas Tree down?

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Dec 26, '23, 5:26 pm

Usually after New Years Day!

Silver_Surfer1

Next

Return to Holidays