Shopping after Thanksgiving

Celebrating all those special times in each year.

Shopping after Thanksgiving

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Nov 24, '07, 12:42 am

Well, the fight is on now for all the Christmas shoppers on this first day after Thanksgiving day - the official first day of the Christmas holiday shopping season. :rofl: The news reports have already told of a few instances where holiday shoppers have gotten into fights or scuffels over various things. :o

So, did you hit the stores shopping today? Or were you wise enough to stay home and away from all the maddening crowds, lol?

The stores had some great bargains from what I've heard and seen but was it really worth it having to fight all the crowds, etc.?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Nov 24, '07, 2:17 am

Cha, we went christmas shopping, ya know how they hang the bikes up on the roof of some stores. The one we wanted was one of those and no one was showing up to help us so we got it down ourselves, boy those shoppers sure like to stare.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby LordShibas » Sat Nov 24, '07, 5:56 am

No shopping for me. I had to work, then I hit the gym afterwards. I plan on doing my shopping online this year so hopefully I can avoid the Christmas wackos.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby wasku » Sat Nov 24, '07, 3:11 pm

They put up the christmas decorations up like 2 weeks ago. And its starting to get busy..... so it begins lol
wasku
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 1

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 26, '07, 10:34 pm

I always try to stay home the weekend after Thanksgiving. Some of the shoppers out there are crazy, getting into fistfights over toys and whatnot. I buy some stuff online when I can, but otherwise I start buying before or after the wave of madness from the weekend has passed.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Fri Nov 30, '07, 12:15 am

On the Thanksgiving weekend, I only want to do two things. Eat more turkey and sleep. There's plenty of other times to go shopping.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Re: Shopping after Thanksgiving

Postby hugues » Fri Nov 30, '07, 1:57 am

Secret_Surfer wrote: So, did you hit the stores shopping today? Or were you wise enough to stay home and away from all the maddening crowds, lol?

I did this last year and it was brutal. Toys 'R Us was selling the Game Boy Micro for $35 and I just had to get one (despite having a GBA SP). They opened at 5:00, I got there at 4:45 and there was already a huge line because they were selling a bunch of Wiis. It was a mob but I got what I came for.

Then I jumped over to Target which opened at 6:00. They had a bunch of TV show DVD sets for $19.99 and I wanted a few for me and a few for gifts. Waiting outside I talked to group that said they'd been shopping since midnight :blank: Apparently a nearby outlet mall opened at midnight and was mobbed, they spent 4-5 hours there. Anyway, when Target opened it was like being a riot, like a store being looted. Total insanity.

This year I ordered a few things online and refused to leave the house. I worked retail from 1992-1997 (including every day after Thanksgiving) and it wasn't anything like how it is today.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Nov 30, '07, 3:02 am

Lol, our christmas lights are up. We've seen several other houses nearby with their lights too. We have an argument every year about what color should go on the tree, with lights that is. Right now its between red green and marshmallow white - red green yellow orange blue pink LED lights.

Plus a few mini trees have been up for a while now, before thanksgiving. But they look more nice than christmas like.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Holidays