Phantasy Star III: King Nial

A new Phantasy Star image added to the site three days a week!

Phantasy Star III: King Nial

Postby Thoul » Mon Dec 14, '09, 12:03 am

Many years after his confrontation with Lune, we see Nial again. Now he has grown into a king, uniting the Orakians of Landen and the Layans of Dahlia through his marriage to either Laya or Alair. As with his father, Nial's advancing age is shown through changes in his hair and the addition of more wrinkles and lines on his face. Also like Rhys, Nial will send his son out into the world to discover the source of threats to their kingdom. In some circumstances though, Nial will also have a daughter, changing the romance dynamic for his son a little bit.

Following in the footsteps pioneered by Phantasy Star II, Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom gave each playable character an individual head shot portrait to make them more recognizable to players. This was especially vital for this game, which tended to use the same set of graphics for several characters with slight color changes. Unlike the similar pictures of Nei and friends, however, these portraits were used for speech in important story scenes and the standard character menu. The previous game restricted the portrait availability to Rolf's house, but this one allowed the players to see the characters at any time they were available for play.

You may view the gallery page for King Nial. This image can also be selected as an avatar from the galleries on the avatar tab of the Member Control Panel.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Phantasy Star III: King Nial

Postby MrKite » Wed Dec 23, '09, 1:33 pm

I never played Nial's quest (I always make Rhys marry Maia when I play PSIII), but Nial's face in this mugshot is really hilarious for some reason. It has to do with the mustache. It reminds me of something, but I can't exactly put my finger on it.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Dec 30, '09, 8:22 pm

MrKite wrote:I never played Nial's quest (I always make Rhys marry Maia when I play PSIII), but Nial's face in this mugshot is really hilarious for some reason. It has to do with the mustache. It reminds me of something, but I can't exactly put my finger on it.

They all have moustaches. Phantasy Star III is Phantasy Star with moustaches! Er, and medieval armor...
:wink:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Darkil » Wed Dec 30, '09, 8:54 pm

Quiet you!
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Rune_Walsh » Thu Dec 31, '09, 7:04 am

Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jun 20, '19, 8:22 pm

Bumping up this former Image Of The Day!

Nial, now older and perhaps wiser (we hope) and a King!

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Sun Jun 23, '19, 12:31 pm

King Nial the great ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209