Street Fighter I & II

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Street Fighter I & II

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Mar 29, '07, 4:33 am

This game could be looked upon as being sort of violent, I suppose, but I enjoyed it. It reminded me a lot of the "Mortal Combat" movies in a way. Lots of kick fighting. Very challenging game. I know there was a I & II, but don't know if there were any other additions later on or not.
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Street Fighter I & II

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 29, '07, 6:21 am

I stopped following this one after II. I remember they made a couple of different versions, like Street Figher II and Super Street Fighter II. "Super" added a couple of extra fighters, but was essentially the same game. I think they continued the series later, but I don't really know.

There was a Street Fighter movie based on #II. Most people don't seem to like it, but I think it's good, for the most part. It had Jean-Claude Van Damme and Raul Julia (it was his last movie).

The Mortal Kombat movies you mentioned (they spell it with a K, I guess to be "cool" :? ) were based on a similar game that was popular around the same time.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Thu Mar 29, '07, 5:43 pm

A Street Fighter 2 was released. There were a few different versions of it, just like with 2. They also made Street Fighter Alpha and Street Fighter EX, with a 1, 2, and 3 for both of those. I've seen a few spins of like X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, too.

The later ones look nice, but I don't think I've ever actually played any of them. I've just seen pictures here and there.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Mar 29, '07, 5:49 pm

I remember seeing this movie you mentioned with Jean-Claude Van Damme and Raul Julia. It was okay, I guess. I probably only watched because I'm a Jean-Claude fan and usually watch all his movies. :wink:

It was sad seeing Raul Julia in this one because as you said it was his last movie and it was very obvious that he was ill as compared to how he looked in some of his previous movies. His acting was still superb though.

Also, sometimes it's just different when they try to transfer something from one venue to another such as from a video game to a movie, or a comic book to a movie, and the result is just not what you expected or hoped it to be. Expectations run high and sometimes we are delighted and sometimes not so delighted with the results, I suppose.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 29, '07, 8:15 pm

Yeah. The movie was a a bit of a departure from the games, which is why I think people were disappointed with it. Raul Julia played his character's personality well, but he didn't have the right look for it then, due to his illness or whatever. The character is supposed to be this tall, menacing fellow, but he looked kind of small in the movie.

Oh well, you can't please everyone every time. :D
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Neithird » Thu Apr 5, '07, 6:26 pm

Oops, I just noticed that I made a *. :oops: I said Street Fighter 2, but I meant to say "A Street Fighter 3 was released." Sorry!

I saw the movie, too. It's okay... it's certainly not the worst movie game ever made (hello, Mario Bros! :wave: ). But it's not the best either. I guess it's just okay. :blank:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 20, '07, 9:50 am

Guess what the next big franchise revival is? That's right, Street Fighter. According to Games Radar, Capcom has confirmed Street Fighter 4 and released a trailer for it. From what I'm hearing elsewhere, they are planning a big relaunch with this game, the new movie, and a new comic book. Probably other merchandise as well.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Oct 20, '07, 6:03 pm

Thoul wrote:Guess what the next big franchise revival is? That's right, Street Fighter. According to Games Radar, Capcom has confirmed Street Fighter 4 and released a trailer for it. From what I'm hearing elsewhere, they are planning a big relaunch with this game, the new movie, and a new comic book. Probably other merchandise as well.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That is good news! I hope it all does well.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Retro Roundup