Share your Gaming Collection

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: Share your Gaming Collection

Postby Flames of Yagami » Mon Oct 18, '10, 8:53 pm

Hopefully it doesn't get released 2 years after the arcade version like KOF XI did. Still, it might take a while, since SNK is taking their time with this one. I'm perfectly fine with that as long as it is released before Mortal Kombat 9 and MvC3 (which would GREATLY harm sales), has a color edit mode (the palettes aren't limited to 15 colors like the NeoGeo titles so it would create many possibilities for custom colors), and better online that *cough* KOF XII *cough*

I also heard somewhere that no one wants to publish KOF XIII for consoles because of how bad XII was, but the arcade version is doing pretty well, so I wouldn't worry about that ;) Heck, they even released a patch for it earlier this month.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Lucas » Wed Oct 20, '10, 6:42 am

SegaVsCapcomVsSNK wrote: I also heard somewhere that no one wants to publish KOF XIII for consoles because of how bad XII was, but the arcade version is doing pretty well, so I wouldn't worry about that ;) Heck, they even released a patch for it earlier this month.

True? I thought Ignition Entertainment would be all over it, they're responsible for publishing heaps of SNK's games. I totally agree with you about getting it out before MVC 3, or else its clearly going to be left behind in the dark. Time will tell

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Flames of Yagami » Mon Oct 25, '10, 4:00 am

I tried to get Street Fighter III 3rd Strike for Dreamcast today, until I learned that it was $50...
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Mon Oct 25, '10, 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Flames of Yagami » Thu Oct 28, '10, 1:42 am

Lucas wrote:
SegaVsCapcomVsSNK wrote: I also heard somewhere that no one wants to publish KOF XIII for consoles because of how bad XII was, but the arcade version is doing pretty well, so I wouldn't worry about that ;) Heck, they even released a patch for it earlier this month.

True? I thought Ignition Entertainment would be all over it, they're responsible for publishing heaps of SNK's games. I totally agree with you about getting it out before MVC 3, or else its clearly going to be left behind in the dark. Time will tell

Good news Lucas! If I'm not mistaken SNK Playmore recently said that King of Fighters XIII will be released during the first quarter of 2011! I'm leaning towards a mid January-early February release. And with KOF 2002 Unlimited Match coming to Xbox Live Arcade next week, it's a great time to be a KOF fan.

Same goes for Sonic with Sonic Colors, which is looking fantastic and I'll definitely have to check that out. Sonic 4 Episode I was just meh though. Maybe Episode II will be better since I think Metal Sonic is in it.
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Thu Oct 28, '10, 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Lucas » Thu Oct 28, '10, 7:03 am

Good news Lucas! If I'm not mistaken SNK Playmore recently said that King of Fighters XIII will be released during the first quarter of 2011! I'm leaning towards a mid January-early February release. And with KOF 2002 Unlimited Match coming to Xbox Live Arcade next week, it's a great time to be a KOF fan.

You made my day buddy, thanks for the info. :up:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Jack Lias » Sun Nov 7, '10, 3:05 am

I won't be providing pictures due to the embarrassing condition of my room, but this is my RPG collection.

Sega Genesis
Phantasy Star IV

Super Nintendo
Breath of Fire II
Super Mario RPG

PlayStation
Breath of Fire III
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Tactics
Legend of Dragoon

PlayStation 2
Breath of Fire V
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Grandia III
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III
Phantasy Star IV
Radiata Stories
Star Ocean III: 'Till the End of Time
Suikoden IV
Suikoden Tactics
Sword of Vermillion
Valkyrie Profile II
Xenosaga Episode I
Xenosaga Episode II

Nintendo 64
Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Gameboy Advance
Breath of Fire I
Breath of Fire II
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Sword of Mana
Yggdra Union

Nintendo DS
Children of Mana
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest IX
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Lunar: Dragon Song

PlayStation Portable
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance
Star Ocean I
Star Ocean II
Valkyria Chronicles II

XBox 360
Final Fantasy XI Complete
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy: Crystal Defenders
Phantasy Star Universe
Record of Agarest War
Star Ocean IV: The Last Hope

Well, that's not my entire collection. Just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.
Jack Lias
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 34

Postby Flames of Yagami » Wed Nov 17, '10, 1:09 am

I totally agree with you about getting it out before MVC 3, or else its clearly going to be left behind in the dark.

Okay, I don't know if KOF XIII will be doing so well if it gets released in February: MVC3 is coming out on Feb 15 2011. SNK better get with the program and get KOF XIII released earlier than that, BY JANUARY AT THE LATEST, otherwise it'll do just as bad, if not, worse than KOF XII.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Lucas » Thu Nov 18, '10, 5:18 am

SegaVsCapcomVsSNK wrote:
I totally agree with you about getting it out before MVC 3, or else its clearly going to be left behind in the dark.

Okay, I don't know if KOF XIII will be doing so well if it gets released in February: MVC3 is coming out on Feb 15 2011. SNK better get with the program and get KOF XIII released earlier than that, BY JANUARY AT THE LATEST, otherwise it'll do just as bad, if not, worse than KOF XII.

Yeah if SNK decides on such a close release date to MVC3 you can be assured they are playing with fire. I'm not sure how many KOF followers there are in the US, but in Australia we have next to none. So just like all the previous KOF games it's most likely not going to sell and on top of that the games are not widely available down here so I’ll be lucky if I see it, if it gets a release alongside MVC3. On top of that KOF 12 died along side the release of Street Fighter IV over here...I see history repeating :blank:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sun Nov 28, '10, 10:59 pm

Bad news guys. To get hyped for KOF XIII, I had to buy *cough* KOF XII *cough* once again...
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sat Dec 4, '10, 6:14 am

Lucas wrote:
SegaVsCapcomVsSNK wrote: I've also heard somewhere that no one wants to publish KOF XIII for consoles because of how bad XII was, but the arcade version is doing pretty well, so I wouldn't worry about that ;) Heck, they even released a patch for it earlier this month.

I don't think Ignition Entertainment is publishing KOF XIII, but it will definitely see a console release. We just have to wait impatiently for SNK to announce a release date. Seeing how they're being so quiet about it, I'm starting to think that it'll be released next summer, but hopefully sooner than that.

Lucas wrote:I'm not sure how many KOF followers there are in the US, but in Australia we have next to none.

They're aren't really that many fans of KOF in the States, besides some sites like Orochinagi. Though I do live pretty close to an arcade with KOF '98, '99, and 2002, so at least there are SOME people that pay attention to it.
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Sat Dec 4, '10, 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming