What would you like to see in games

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

What would you like to see in games

Postby Celeith » Fri Aug 22, '08, 7:33 pm

Such as something that was once in a game but is not anymore or something that has never been in a game and you think it be neat. For me I would like a comeback of the horseback riding they had in Wild Arms 3, when I got into my first battle on horseback many years ago it suprised me that they would put so much effort into a game like that to involve that kind of fighting style. If they ever do another Wild Arms game that strays away from the hex system I would love to see the horse fighting again.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Lucas » Sat Aug 23, '08, 1:45 am

Phantasy star wise I would like to see a new game based on the originals especially psiv. With the same battle system but as a sequal PSV maybe :p
That would be cool :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 24, '08, 4:53 am

The horseback riding was pretty cool. It'd be nice if they implemented some kind of system where you could control how or where the characters ride in battle. It was kind of silly to see the horse running for like an hour straight if you just sat there.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Thu Aug 28, '08, 8:34 pm

I like how on the horses you can't be put to sleeped or confused. It would be funny to see Clive passed out over his horse while he's riding it or Gallows horse tripping out due to confusion.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Aug 28, '08, 10:07 pm

I can think of two things that I'd like to see in more games, especially RPGs, and both are features that exist in Earthbound and no other games, to my knowledge, except maybe the other games in the Mother series. Those two things would be the automatic win against weak enemies, and the rolling HP meter. I think almost all RPGs could benefit from the addition of these two features.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lemina » Fri Aug 29, '08, 12:55 am

I didn't get to the horse part in Wild Arms 3 yet. I can't wait!

Personally, I'd like to see something like Chrono Trigger's dual and triple techs implemented in more RPGs. I really like to see the characters interact with their party members on the battle field, and Chrono Trigger pulls it off beautifully~

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Thoul » Fri Aug 29, '08, 1:36 am

Caged Wolf wrote:Those two things would be the automatic win against weak enemies, and the rolling HP meter.

I've found one that almost has the auto win - Paper Mario. It's not quite completely automatic, as certain items have to be equipped for it to happen. There are a few items that trigger an auto win under different conditions, like spin dashing into an enemy on the world map or jump on them. The best version just requires touching the enemy, which would normally start the battle.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Fri Aug 29, '08, 1:57 am

In Suikoden IV if you get a Slash Rune whenever you fight a enemy that is weaker then you the Run option turns into "Slash" and it auto kills the enemy netting xp and money, a fast way for pirates on the go ^_^
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Return to Tech and Design