Rykros - was it effective?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Rykros - was it effective?

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 2, '07, 7:18 pm

According to Le Roof, Rykros was created as a type of warning system. Every 1,000 years when the seal on the Profound Darkness weakened, Rykros would return to Algo.

Do you think Rykros was really effective for this purpose? It was cloaked in an invisible barrier, so no one in the system had been aware of it's return until the PSIV heroes went there. It seems that if the planet weren't cloaked, people might have been more aware of what was happening.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Heikabuchi » Fri Nov 2, '07, 9:45 pm

I've often thought the same thing. I know that Lutz is supposed to bring attention to Rykros, but Lutz is all the way on Dezolis.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Neithird » Sat Nov 3, '07, 3:02 am

Considering no one even knew what Rykros really was, it was just luck that Chaz, Rune, and the rest even went there. It seems like very bad planning on the part of the Great Light.

On the other hand, look what happened when Rykros did appear. Lots of bad guys went there to try to take over. If they had been able to find it earlier, it might have been destroyed like Palma.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Tsunami » Sat Nov 3, '07, 3:27 am

Neithird brings up a good point. If Motherbrain had known about Rykros, I'm sure that she'd have tried destroying that along with Palma, too.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Heikabuchi » Sat Nov 3, '07, 7:49 am

On the other hand, look what happened when Rykros did appear. Lots of bad guys went there to try to take over. If they had been able to find it earlier, it might have been destroyed like Palma

Hmm... That would explain why Sister (The A.I found during PSIV hunter guild mission "Silver Soldier") didn't seem overly concerned with the increase in monster outbreaks OR the death of everyone in Mile.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Tsunami » Sat Nov 3, '07, 9:12 am

Heikabuchi wrote:Hmm... That would explain why Sister (The A.I found during PSIV hunter guild mission "Silver Soldier") didn't seem overly concerned with the increase in monster outbreaks OR the death of everyone in Mile.
Daughter's the name you're looking for. ;)
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 3, '07, 5:35 pm

I'd be surprised if Daughter even knew about those things. Wren said she was cut off from the rest of the systems and she's a bit loopy in the processor, if you know what I mean. They must have used some of Mother Brain's crazy circuits in building her.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Heikabuchi » Sat Nov 3, '07, 10:16 pm

True, I didnt think that would through.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Heikabuchi » Sat Nov 3, '07, 10:18 pm

Tsunami wrote:
Heikabuchi wrote:Hmm... That would explain why Sister (The A.I found during PSIV hunter guild mission "Silver Soldier") didn't seem overly concerned with the increase in monster outbreaks OR the death of everyone in Mile.
Daughter's the name you're looking for. ;)
Tsunami.. please kill me... I've offended the great Phantasy Star IV gods... ;_;
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Tsunami » Sat Nov 3, '07, 10:30 pm

Heikabuchi wrote:
Tsunami wrote:Daughter's the name you're looking for. ;)
Tsunami.. please kill me... I've offended the great Phantasy Star IV gods... ;_;
*grabs pillow and smothers Heikabuchi!!*
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV