Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 

Self-portrait of sorts...

Self-portrait of sorts...

View Gallery Page

Post subject: Self-portrait of sorts...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, '10, 6:28 pm 
This is actually the first piece of art I've ever completed so bear with me. I totally suck at drawing, but I think it came out pretty decent. The quality you see here is +/- 10% less than original, cause otherwise it wouldn't have fit into the 300KB limit.

So yeah... This is supposed to be me in an outfit I can't stop imagining myself in, readying a Foi tech (I suck at effects). This picture just got into my mind yesterday and I couldn't get it out anymore, so I put it to paper.

Obviously, feel free to critique. I'm probably not going to become a devoted artist so if this is actually not gonna be the last you see of me here, then expect my submissions to be few and far between.

I didn't mention I suck at shading yet, did I?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, '10, 6:54 pm 
Well, for not being a good artist, this isn't too bad. Certainly, if you DID want to do more, I think you have much potential to get a lot better. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, '10, 7:21 pm 
Ah, you shouldn't be so down on your drawing, mk! It's really not that bad. Pretty good as a matter of fact for something you just got in your mind and then put down on paper. :yes: It would look even more awesome in colors, I think.

Great job, and hope to see more of your work.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, '10, 8:08 pm 
Thanks for all the positive feedback, everyone. As I said, I think the result is actually quite decent but I still suck at drawing... X_x;;

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:It would look even more awesome in colors, I think.

Shame I'm not really good at colouring. I actually did some minimalistic art before, but from those that weren't really half-behinded (I heard you aren't allowed to use bad words in any way, so yeah...) none were coloured. Thus, I don't really have any skill in that area...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, '10, 1:06 am 
This is really good, especially for your first completed drawing. I'm sure you'd be able to improve and become an excellent artist if you decide to stick with it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, '10, 3:54 am 
And we change the clothing, remove the sword and foi. And then add the caption, "STOP! In the name of love!" >.>

Joking aside, you did a great job mk. I've seen tons of other self portraits, not one was in this style. I like it. The style is different and original.

Wouldn't mind seeing more images like this.

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]