Codes

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Codes

Postby Thoul » Wed Dec 19, '07, 11:48 pm

I've been looking for some Game Genie style codes for the series, most especially Phantasy Star I or the GBA collection, but my findings have been fairly sparse. I'm mainly hunting a code to turn off random encounters (to ease the job of map making). Does anyone know of a code like that for PSI?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Thu Dec 20, '07, 2:20 pm

I haven't seen any "no random battle" codes for PSI, though I've seen a "walk through walls" code when Googling it (though I have not tested this).

However, I stumbled across some very interesting codes when looking for that, so I'm going to test them out. :lol:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby hugues » Thu Dec 20, '07, 3:07 pm

I've only ever seen a "no battles" code for PSIII - and that was for the Genesis version. I looked at the codes I have for the GBA version and there are only HP & TP modifiers. I think I had to create those myself if I recall correctly (it's been a long time since I tried the GBA version on an emulator).
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 20, '07, 8:34 pm

I did manage to find no battles codes for the Genesis versions PS II, III, and IV, so I'm good there. I think, anyway... the II and III codes might not have saved, so I might have to look those up again. I haven't been able to find anything at all on PSI or the GBA yet.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Dec 21, '07, 4:11 am

You could always see if you could get one through trial and error. My brother did this once. We have just about every cheating system we can get our hands on you see.

We would first search for the game's codes on the web, some have multiples of certain codes, some have multiple ways of entering the same code. After we get a sufficent amount of information, we use them to decode what symbol does what when put in the sequence. After a series of experiments he figured out how to modify everything down to the capitlazation, puctuation and grammatical parts of the characters names, (not a very useful thing seeing as how you can change 1 whole letter per code, XDDDD) anyway, we found how to get some interesting things done that don't exist on the internet. Its someone long and tedious, but if you can get the time, you can make some fun discoveries!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 21, '07, 10:05 pm

I don't really have the time or patience for that. I've tried to do it once or twice in the past with other games, but the trial and error approach takes too long for me to attempt right now.

Besides, I can't find any codes for PSI, so I wouldn't know where to start. ;)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Dec 23, '07, 7:22 am

I saw a really expensive device for codes once, it was like a keyboard with special charcters so you could do whatever you want pretty much. But, I might have been dreaming about it, cuz my view of it is way foggy.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Classic Series