Microsoft X-Box prices drop

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Microsoft X-Box prices drop

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Sep 4, '08, 9:01 pm

Microsoft has lowered the prices of it's X-Box system, etc. What do you think of this? Is it a smart move, or not? If you don't have an X-Box yet, do you think lowering the price like this will persuade you to possibly buy one now? Or will this news have no impact on you at all.

http://tech.msn.com/products/articlecne ... &gt1=40000

Ya know, this comes at a really great time. Just in time for the Christmas Holiday shopping season, etc. I think it could be a very smart move on the part of Microsoft and possibly send their sales sky high this Christmas.

But, I don't know. What does everyone think of the X-Box as a gaming system, and how does it rate compared to the Nintendo Wii and other systems, in your opinion?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Thu Sep 4, '08, 11:44 pm

Hm, well, that will make me consider getting one more. There are a few games on it I'd like to try. I'd have to compare the features, since there's like three versions of the console, to see if it's still worth the price. Breaking the $200 barrier will definitely not hurt their sales, that's for sure.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Microsoft X-Box prices drop

Postby Lemina » Fri Sep 5, '08, 12:15 am

Silver_Surfer1 wrote: If you don't have an X-Box yet, do you think lowering the price like this will persuade you to possibly buy one now?

Heavens yes. I've actually been eyeing the 360 ever since Tales of Vesperia was announced to come the US and this price drop will make acquiring one even easier!

I personally think that the Xbox 360 is a promising system. Unlike its predecessor, it has quite a few jRPGs announced for it--something that appeals to me greatly! I really can't say much of it otherwise since I haven't really looked into its specs or abilities. As far as I can tell, it's kind of like a cheaper PS3 that can't play blu-ray.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Re: Microsoft X-Box prices drop

Postby Celeith » Tue Sep 9, '08, 4:23 pm

Lemina wrote:Heavens yes. I've actually been eyeing the 360 ever since Tales of Vesperia was announced to come the US and this price drop will make acquiring one even easier! I personally think that the Xbox 360 is a promising system. Unlike its predecessor, it has quite a few jRPGs announced for it--something that appeals to me greatly! I really can't say much of it otherwise since I haven't really looked into its specs or abilities. As far as I can tell, it's kind of like a cheaper PS3 that can't play blu-ray.

I wanted to get Tales of Vesperia, I could go get it anytime I want cuz I got it on reserve I just don't have the money atm. 59.99 is alot for a game. Anyways yea the 360 goin down is great, I got mine from a pawnshop for like 110$ and it was a christmas gift and it works perfect. I believe someone stole it and pawned it, but oh well thats life. Anyways alot of JRPG's are coming out, as well as the few that are already on there. I already have Eternal Sonata, which is a fun game actually, when you get a 360 you should go pick this game up. Theres also Star Ocean 4, Final Fantasy XIII, and a few others I don't feel like naming at the moment but you get what I mean. They'll all be released on the 360. I believe the 360 is doing a bit better then the PS3 now, but not as well as the Wii.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Return to In the News