Kieji Inafune starts Kickstarter for do-over on Mega Man.

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Kieji Inafune starts Kickstarter for do-over on Mega Man.

Postby R-90-2 » Sun Sep 1, '13, 6:06 pm

Well, not quite so copyright-unfriendly, but close enough.

Keiji Inafune, creator of the Mega Man series, has never really had what one would call a "good" relationship with Capcom, despite being behind some of the company's most well-known and popular franchises. He recently left Capcom, and soon after that, Capcom cancelled the much-anticipated Mega Man Legends 3. in the time between then and now, he formed his own company, Comcept Inc. alongside some other former Capcomites.

Which leads us to their project, Mighty No. 9, which is the closest thing we'll get to a new Mega Man game now that Capcom is enthusiastically disinterested in the property. They've put it up on Kickstarter, which has all the information we know so far.

Linky:
The Page
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Re: Kieji Inafune starts Kickstarter for do-over on Mega Man

Postby S4Blade » Sun Sep 1, '13, 6:43 pm

Keiji Inafune has been involved in a lot of stellar games. His rap sheet is just crazy. I'm sure this will be promising. I never got into the Mega Man games, but this looks like something I might like.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Re: Kieji Inafune starts Kickstarter for do-over on Mega Man

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 2, '14, 5:42 am

It seems that Not-Mega-Man was a major success in getting funding. Mighty No. 9 might very well be the next legendary platforming franchise. If this level of interest carries over into sales, I think a sequel would be assured.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to In the News