Super Mario World

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Super Mario World

Postby Celeith » Fri Feb 8, '08, 9:21 pm

I'm not talking about the version for the snes, does anyone remember the arcade version of this game. I do' you'd basically spend 25c on a 3 minute game to try and get as far as you could. Before we moved back here in my old town whenever we'd go to pizza hut or pizza for less (the names changed over the years) i'd always play a few rounds before eating.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Sat Feb 9, '08, 5:16 am

There was an arcade version? Neat. I never saw one, but I wish I had. I loved playing Super Mario Bros. 1 on the arcade machine at the local grocery store back in the day.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby DrkTr14ce » Wed Feb 13, '08, 7:39 am

You're making me realize how young I am, Thoul. I've never played ethier in the Arcade. o.o

I'd like to, along with Castlevania and a few others.
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Feb 13, '08, 11:01 pm

Man that was pretty pointless. We played them a couple times. You'd get just a little bit in and end up losing everything you had. lol
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Thu Feb 14, '08, 3:33 am

DrkTr14ce wrote:You're making me realize how young I am, Thoul. I've never played ethier in the Arcade. o.o

I'd like to, along with Castlevania and a few others.

The machine I played was one of those 10 in one things. I forget everything that it had, but it was mostly early NES games. I think it had Duck Hunt, too. It was great.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby DrkTr14ce » Thu Feb 14, '08, 5:03 pm

Again, showing how young I am. My father used to play one of the Duck Hunt machines in an arcade. Of course, back then arcades had to keep scores with chalkboards, because the machines would reset them.
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Return to Retro Roundup