Seen any good movies lately?

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Re: Seen any good movies lately?

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri May 18, '07, 11:14 pm

Has anyone seen the new Shrek 3 movie yet? I think it is out now, but am not sure on that. I have seen a lot of previews for it, especially from McDonald's as I think they have Shrek stuff in their Happy Meals now.

I saw a little of a Shrek movie on tv the other night. Don't know if it was from Shrek 1 or 2, but it seemed pretty good. I was busy and didn't get to watch much of it, though. Seems like it might be a nice family movie, especially something that kids could watch.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Sat May 19, '07, 8:50 pm

I haven't seen Shrek, and probably won't. I've not seen the first two yet either, so I would want to see those first. It's not high on my list of things to do, though.

Secret_Surfer wrote:Aw, that is sad news. I don't think I had heard that or if I had, I forgot it. What was the actor's name, do you remember? Was it a name that we might recognize?

I don't know his full name. I usually see him called "Mako" everywhere, but that's just a short nickname or something, I think. I only recently became aware of him myself. I know he was in one of the Conan movies and did a lot of voice work in cartoons and games in recent years.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon May 21, '07, 8:06 pm

I read last night that Shrek 3 has set some kind of record which is either close to or surpasses the Spiderman 3 movie in some regards. I can't remember offhand now just what it was. I suppose that all these records will be broken again however when the new Pirates 3 movie opens soon. :)

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Wed May 23, '07, 5:33 am

Yeah, they seem to break the records as soon as they're set now. Spider-Man breaks it, then Pirates, then Spider-Man... that could go on forever. :D
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Thoul » Sun May 27, '07, 7:04 pm

So, who all went to see Pirates this weekend?

Our local theater just put in digital projectors. They really improved the quality of the picture. It's amazing how much more vibrant all the colors were.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jun 5, '07, 7:34 pm

I'm waiting until it comes out on DVD. :eyebrow: Hope I like it. It's been doing really well so far at the box office it seems.

Hey, last night while watching tv I caught a brief glimpse of an advertisement for the new FF4 and Silver Surfer movie coming out real soon. Silver Surfer dude looks cooooool ! 8)

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jul 10, '07, 10:21 pm

Has anyone seen the new Die-Hard movie or Transformers. Are they pretty good or pretty bad or what? Anyone think there might be a sequel to either movie. How many Die-Hards does this make now, 5 or 6????? I'm waiting until they come out on DVD and want to know what to expect. :hmm:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Neithird » Tue Jul 10, '07, 10:27 pm

I saw Transformers. It was pretty good! It started kind of slow while the story and motivations were being laid out, but picked up really quick when the Transformers were introduced. Of course, all the characters were changed from their original versions, but it's a decent treatment of the series. There were a lot of little easter eggs for the old fans, too.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Tue Jul 10, '07, 11:37 pm

This is the fourth Die Hard movie. It looks to be pretty good, but I'm waiting on the DVD for it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Divine Dragon » Tue Jul 17, '07, 10:54 am

Ah, wonderful movies, well one right away is Pulp Ficition.
I obviously cannot say much about it, it being classed as an "18" over here, I think that's equivalent to an "M" in America.

The other, Harry Potter and The Order Of The Phoenix.

This film just blew my mind, and I mean that.. for the rest of the day.. It was like I had lost all of my energy... I slept for ten straight hours.. XD It's only ever happened one other time, after a Maths exam.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Films