Secret PS4 Items

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Secret PS4 Items

Postby Otto » Wed Jul 14, '10, 1:23 am

Hi,

I found about this site today and it is very cool! So nice to see people interested in Phantasy Star series, specially the 4th, which is one of the best games I've ever played.

I was taking a look around and found quite interesting stuff, like the maps and download section (too bad it is out of order).

Anyway, there is a section called Mysteries of Algo, which talked about secret items, like the Spiral Slasher I didn't know about.

But there are a lot of other secret items missing, most of them having same names as spells. Is there any reason for them not being listed?

(I tried to post an image, but it seems I can't =/ )
Otto
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 7

Re: Secret PS4 Items

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Jul 14, '10, 9:21 am

Hey there Otto. Nice to see another PS fan swell our ranks. :)

As for the secret items, if memory serves me correctly, they weren't intended for release with the original PS4. Probably the same reason that the Feeve tech that was also removed, which also resulted in the elimination of a possible 15th combo attack. The only way to get them in your game would be via ROM-hacking with an emulator and ROM. The other items would be the Blood-Axe, the WAT item (which, if I remember correctly, dealt 999 damage when used as an item in battle) and the Algo-map.

Hope you found this post useful.
And welcome to the Fringes. :D
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Thoul » Wed Jul 14, '10, 6:56 pm

Otto wrote:But there are a lot of other secret items missing, most of them having same names as spells. Is there any reason for them not being listed?

I simply didn't know about them at the time. ;) When I was making those pages, I used a save state editor to place the items into the party's inventory. I don't recall the spell named items being listed in the editor's item list.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Otto » Thu Jul 15, '10, 12:40 am

I know they aren't part of the game, I just got curious why many others were left out.
About the spell named ones, most are useless and have weird descriptions. I uploaded a few images:

Last edited by Otto on Fri Jul 16, '10, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otto
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 7

Postby Thoul » Thu Jul 15, '10, 12:46 am

You can post links after 5 posts. It's a spam prevention thing.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Phantasy Star IV